London via Qatar

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

London via Qatar

Post by Spike » 9th Feb, '12, 16:52

Qatar Air are offering Singapore to London fares in July at less than $1,200 but there's a 7-8 hour lay over in Doha. Anybody got experience of this? Is there a transit hotel or showers/rest area that can make an all day layover comfortable/cheap?
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Re: London via Qatar

Post by expat yorkshire » 9th Feb, '12, 22:02

You may want to check out Thai Airlines Spike if you can fly by 30 June ...just got 3 Uk flights for around that price

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 10th Feb, '12, 12:44

expat yorkshire wrote:You may want to check out Thai Airlines Spike if you can fly by 30 June ...just got 3 Uk flights for around that price
Thanks for the suggestion but I need to be in UK on the 20th July, so 30th June flight is too early.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 10th Feb, '12, 13:51

I once had a stopover there and we were not allowed to leave the aircraft. Things may have changed now as that was a number of years ago. Let me know what you find out as we may also be heading to the UK in July and the price sounds good
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 10th Feb, '12, 17:46

dont know but the economy special assistance area is rubbish. And their flight got cancelled on my way to and delayed on my way back and they chucked me an the kids and mother on any seats they could get.... all separated. I will avoid qatar airways as far as possibel. even their flight attendents are apathetic and nothing special.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 10th Feb, '12, 17:56

I'm not sure Spike qualifies for special assistance just yet.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Feb, '12, 20:07

Satellite wrote:dont know but the economy special assistance area is rubbish. And their flight got cancelled on my way to and delayed on my way back and they chucked me an the kids and mother on any seats they could get.... all separated. I will avoid qatar airways as far as possibel. even their flight attendents are apathetic and nothing special.
They separated you from the kids?

Can't decide if I'm shocked or jealous :D

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 11th Feb, '12, 09:07

Last flight I had with SQ (flying with all 4 of mine plus DLB) they had us in 4 idifferent places. Child meals and seats together were requested a month out and then checked again a few days before.
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.