The Hangover

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

The Hangover

Post by Joseph27 » 27th Jul, '09, 17:48

Couldn't resist and went and watched this yesterday at Great World City.... The same director of Old School and thankfully he was good enough to bring the same wedding singer back. This is a bloody great movie in which you don't stop laughing - well I didn't from start to finish it is sensational. Will be one of the few films that I venture back into a cinema for a 2nd viewing. FB its a 4.25 [smilie=yahoo.gif]
Last edited by Joseph27 on 27th Jul, '09, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

T2K
Going Postal

Re: The Hangover

Post by T2K » 28th Jul, '09, 09:39

Yes, it is good. Of course Zoolander is better and always will be, but this one is funny. Hansel, so hot right now, Hansel.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 28th Jul, '09, 10:00

Thanks for review, I like a good stupid movie every now and again for a guilty laugh, and the trailers had been making me chuckle enough that wanted to go, but wasn't sure if they'd just been showing the only good bits.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Joseph27
Going Postal

Post by Joseph27 » 28th Jul, '09, 17:54

Tas - I'm still laughing everytime I think about. I loved Old School - I still watch it every now and then because of its stupidity and its just fun to watch. "The Dan Band" singing total eclipse of the heart in that movie was legendary - then to see them in this at the end just made it a fun afternoon. It really is worth a look - I know its easy to poo poo American films and all too often I fall into that trap as well - but hell when they do crude and coarse they do it well [smilie=groovy.gif]
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 28th Jul, '09, 19:09

T2K wrote:Of course Zoolander is better and always will be, but this one is funny.
T2K has been trying to get us to watch Zoolander for quite some time now........I think we all just need to watch it and report back here [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

(I'm sure we'll download The Hangover at some point -- sometimes a just plain silly movie is necessary)

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 28th Jul, '09, 19:32

Zoolander is crap.

Want mindless movies: Porky's, the first three American Pie, Shrek.....

Now to get me the third Porky's!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 29th Jul, '09, 08:42

I was going to mention Porky's earlier as a classic. A tear still comes to my eye (in a funny way) and a grin to my face when I imagine that scene in the coaches office post the shower exposure scene. Seem to recall falling off the couch lauging so hard.

Zoolander - get its a particular good version of that genre, but I never was a particular Ben Stiller fan, and I'm even more over him now. If I'm in the right mood, had a good day, a couple of drinks in my then I appreciate Zoolander, but it's not one I would put on an get into straight away...

Rosbif71
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Rosbif71 » 3rd Aug, '09, 20:18

went to see hangover yesterday. Very good film.

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 3rd Aug, '09, 22:19

Yes, tick VG and a gold star
We are the TPF

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 4th Aug, '09, 13:23

Very good laugh. Completely mindless fun.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 17th Nov, '09, 18:55

Saw it on the plane last night. Very good. Worthy of a download to see what was edited out.

Not sure what to watch tonight though, maybe G.I. Joe
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fresh Mint
Going Postal
Mood: Blur

Post by Fresh Mint » 17th Nov, '09, 20:52

I really don't get it. Everyone I know has recommended it to me and I thought it was very average. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't a keeper.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 17th Nov, '09, 22:19

I could swear I covered this when it came out but can't find the thread. It was take-it-or-leave-it entertaining taken at its own merit, so I ended up liking it.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 18th Nov, '09, 06:31

watched it on the plane, full of enthusiasm for a laugh. there were a few moments but nothing that really grabbed me. just found the anticipation, or build up to the gag just wasn't quite there. I did like most of the actors and would like to watch them again in other movies.

Joseph27
Going Postal

Post by Joseph27 » 18th Nov, '09, 08:23

In the same spirit as Old School - it was just fun to watch. Easy and enjoyable entertainment....

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 28th Jan, '10, 13:23

Frat-boy humour, nothing outstanding.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 28th Jan, '10, 20:51

Fresh Mint wrote:I really don't get it. Everyone I know has recommended it to me and I thought it was very average. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't a keeper.
Well, I got it, but would agree that it was OK, but nothing more.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal