A film flag - TGWDT

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

A film flag - TGWDT

Post by Tas » 23rd Mar, '10, 18:32

Swedish version of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is apparently complete - to watch out for in indie/foreign movie cinemas.

SMH done a soso quality review, but they reckon it's good.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... -qto6.html
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Re: A film flag - TGWDT

Post by daffodil » 23rd Mar, '10, 19:07

I'm just reading the book, really enjoying it.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Fuzz
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: bloody marvellous

Post by Fuzz » 23rd Mar, '10, 19:22

Got a free ticket to watch it tomorrow but have to give it away :(

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 23rd Mar, '10, 19:50

I'd like to see the Swedish version, thanks for heads up. I enjoyed the book and waiting for Mr T to finish it before we go to the movie. I think book then film is a better way to go.

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 17th Aug, '10, 07:26

So I saw the Swedish version on the plane last month. OK, thought the main couple of characters physically, like Lisbeth weren't bad choices, the co-company director female (can't think character name) was an awful choice though - you dont' want get to much into the commentary about the attractiveness of female characters - but clearly the role called for elegance and this woman didn't have a shred - but she was barely in any scene for more that a minute. Frustrating not to be able to follow dialogue. And the relationship between ALL characters were fairly poorly developed - the complexity of interwoven relationships was barely touched, and a disappointment, suspect the good French film makers would have handled that aspect much better. The production felt like a good SBS telly movie, not a screen effort.

Mention again as the news is stating that Hollywood are selecting leads at the mo for an English version - horrified to hear myself say that it may be the caase where they can do a better job on this book adaption. So Daniel Craig hinted for Blomsberg role and there is mention of Scarlett Johansson for the Lisbeth role. Actually think she'd do a great job, thinks shes a good actress and it's the media that crap on about sex siren stuff. But have to note, she's going to have to seriously change her body shape to embody that scrawniness you imagine the girl to have.

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 18th Aug, '10, 08:05

so anyway, decided http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... 128b1.html
not that I agree with others comments on article that the Swedish version was fantastic. (The scene where they were supposedly in Australia was terrible)