Helf: Rugby: Pre Game and Half Time Entertainment

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Helf: Rugby: Pre Game and Half Time Entertainment

Post by JJ » 10th Mar, '08, 15:17

OK so I am getting some ideas together for some kick ass pre game and half-time crowd entertainment ideas... Those of you of the "serious rugby should not be corrupted by these silly things they do on the pitch in between the real stuff" need not read any further or reply :D :D

The RFU and O2 did some pretty good events pre the RWC to send the Eng-GER-land team off in style and accompany them throughout the tournament. But we are looking at the "hooplah" at individual games rather than a competition/tournament: pre game around the stadium, and at half time.

So, beyond the usual get some "lucky" punter on the pitch to kick a ball around and win a prize at halftime, have any of you seen or participated in anything worthy of note - serious, funny, or downright silly... lemme know.

My thanks in advance.
[smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Helf: Rugby: Pre Game and Half Time Entertainment

Post by Fat Bob » 10th Mar, '08, 15:35

I've partaken in several things.

One is "Split the can". You form a ing of people who are suitably drunk. You get a can of beer, and smack it against your head, and pass it to the next one. When it cracks and starts fizzing, then that person needs to drink the beer in "shotgun" style. The next can is then started by him/her.

we didn't half stop the show in Perth one time with that.

but there again, we also did "Abs of Steal".....that one is good too.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 13th Mar, '08, 13:30

Erm, what (dare I ask) is Abs of Steal??

Thanks for the ideas, not sure how proposing drinking games to our latest and greatest client would/will go down but there you have it... might suggest it as part of the VIP Hospitality package :twisted:

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 13th Mar, '08, 13:32

Poss a good challenge for you to work on!
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Mar, '08, 13:38

Abs of steal, surprisingly, was invented only during the 2003 RWC, after a rather long lunch drinking various bottles of wine.

It involves lying down on teh flor and tensing your abs, whilst someone kicks you in them. the resulting "ugh" noise made can then be heard. If it's a good one, then it's worth repeating.

The best kick is to use the top of the foot, as this helps with the "ugh" sound and also provides a satisfactory "thunk" if the abs are tensed correctly.

You can even phone up people whilst playing the game to see if they can guess what is actually happening.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 13th Mar, '08, 14:07

Yep, can quite see the promo liability guys signing off on that one. [smilie=w00t.gif]

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 13th Mar, '08, 14:10

Ms Possum is brainstorming as we speak. although this will probably end up in a suggestion they play netball :D
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 13th Mar, '08, 14:27

FAB! we presented orredi but more ideas welcome lah! [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Mar, '08, 16:11

Boat race? Line up 6 of your best drinkers against 6 of theirs and neck a pint. that's good for half-time. You do need to start organising 5 mins before with "how quick do you drink?" to your team members, with a constant re-shuffling of the line until 1st pint gets picked up.

Good old sing-song. Those old favourites like "Ball-and-chain" go down well in Australia, along with "I've shagged Matilda" and "Get you shit stars off our flag". For the number one hit, though "how many aussie dollars to the pound" with a rendition of "We're so rich it's unbelievable!"

Their favourite I've always heard is "God save Your Queen", the republicans like baloo always like that.

It's a rugby match, half-time sorts itself out (pie and a pint for everyone) whilst pre-match then down the pub for pints. Post-match, back down the pub for more pints.

Poppy Appeal

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 13th Mar, '08, 16:56

You miss the point FB. It is supposed to be something that will entertain rugby fans that does not involve alcohol, lewd behavior, bad language or risk of personal injury. How about celebrity morris dancing?
We are the TPF

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 13th Mar, '08, 18:17

And as they are big clients who are entertaining their own big clients, I expect JJ is looking for some activity with a level of elegance.

How about a full bubbly glass balancing competition? With Verve of course :D

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Mar, '08, 19:48

BoD wrote:You miss the point FB. It is supposed to be something that will entertain rugby fans that does not involve alcohol, lewd behavior, bad language or risk of personal injury. How about celebrity morris dancing?
Any more of that language and I'll abuse my moderator rights and delete you from this forum!

Poppy Appeal

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 13th Mar, '08, 20:33

Russian poker is always a winner.

You put a hooker in a corner then take it in turns to rush and poke 'er...

The old ones arer the best - or so I keep telling myself...
Life's too short...

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 13th Mar, '08, 22:43

How about some of them cross-dressing and see how many snogs they get from the people in the stands?