Rugby fans: We're fucked from next year ...

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

duholdekunst

Re: Rugby fans: We're **** from next year ...

Post by duholdekunst » 16th Feb, '11, 15:15

Good news! I just received this email from Setanta.
We are pleased to announce that Setanta programming will be available on the StarHub TV platform. Due to licensing permits taking time to be approved in Singapore, an interim solution has been agreed in that our channel content such as RBS 6 Nations & Super Rugby will be available on the StarHub sports channels.

More details on this coming very soon but rest assured you will be able to watch Rugby in Singapore starting this weekend – please check our website www.setanta.com/singapore/ or www.setanta.com/asia for updates.

Yours in Sport,

the Setanta Team

Snaffled
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Hooray

Post by Snaffled » 16th Feb, '11, 17:21

Hurrah! **Looks out window at location** Oh. Shit.
If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking?

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 16th Feb, '11, 19:33

Happy Dance !
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 16th Feb, '11, 19:37

Snaffled wrote:Hurrah! **Looks out window at location** Oh. Shit.
Yep.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 12th Mar, '11, 16:49

Well, Starhub have done well, now showing a fair amount of rugby, so that's good. Super XV, Aviva Premiership, 6Nations, Heineken Cup and French Top 14. Quality.

Let's hope whatever contracts need to be signed get signed so that for the Tri Nations, pre-RWC warm up games and RWC all gets on in Singapore some where. Fingers crossed!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 19th Jun, '11, 14:15

Good news bad news time.

The good news: Setanta channel is now on Starhub. So far, it just seems to be part of the Sports package, I've not seen any extra charges required for it, but hey, I'll happily pay for them. Coupled with Eurosports fantastic English, French and European coverage, then this is a great rugby package that is nearly comprehensive. Nearly, I hear you ask....

...the bad news: ESPNStar have the Rugby World Cup. ESPNStar is only available on MioTV, so if you already have Starhub Sport pack ($12 on top of the Basic pack), you now have to get the Mio Box and their sports pack (a cost of $25/month plus phone line for 12 months). So my monthly TV is going to cost me close to $80-100 just so I can watch the rugby. I think I'll be down the pub!
Last edited by Fat Bob on 19th Jun, '11, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 16th Jul, '11, 08:48

And to complicate matter worse!

Mio have just got Setanta onto their platform, for a cost of $20/month (or $10/month if you have either of the other sports packages). It's a bit of a mess at the moment, I do hope the nanny state steps in and says "Single box" for cable TV in the next few years. This is getting stupid!

Cost of Starhub ownership for just rugby (French, English, European, Celtic, SuperXV, Kiwi and South African domestic, most internations in Europe and Southern Hemisphere):

Basic channels at $25/month plus Sports Pack at $12/month = total $37/month (plus equipment rental).

Cost of Mio ownership just for rugby (Celtic, SuperXV, Kiwi and South African domestic, most internations in Europe and Southern Hemisphere and Rugby World Cup)

Sports Pack at $25/month and Setanta Channel at $10/month and phone line at $10/month = $45/month (plus equipment rental)

Both probably on 12 month plans.

Pain in the bottom indeed.

Poppy Appeal