Bangladesh v English Proteas

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Bangladesh v English Proteas

Post by Burbage » 22nd Feb, '10, 14:44

I see that a third South African is in the English squad to play the Deshis.

What's the point anyway? There's a serious problem with cricket at the moment. It is desperately in need of two divisions. The West INdies were totally outmatched by Australia, and the less said about Pakistan the better.

Tests should now only be between England, Australia and South Africa, mainly because they're the only nations who care about test cricket. I think the NZ team do, but their public don't. Maybe there should be an ROW team as well so that those cricketers who are good enough from the other countries will get a chance.

And for the one day formats, well if the teams continue to be so badly mismatched they might as well chuck 50 over cricket. At least T20 doesn't last as long.

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Re: Bangladesh v English Proteas

Post by Mr Oz » 22nd Feb, '10, 19:10

Went to the gabba on the weekend to watch a domestic 50 over match between the locals and victoria. There was only about 3500 people there and I had very low expectations but goddam it was entertaining. Better than the entire Aus v WI series combined. In the end we lost but it was fun watching the victorian players searching for the ball in the empty stands everytime the locals hit the ball for a six. :lol:
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light