YOG

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

Rosbif71
Too Much Time on my Hands

YOG

Post by Rosbif71 » 19th Aug, '10, 10:48

Has anyone bothered to watch any of the YOG. from what I have seen it all looks a bit of a non-event
TV coverage is poor with many sports being ignored
the standard of competition in many sports is very poor and well below the level required to deserve using the name Olympic Games

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: YOG

Post by baloo » 19th Aug, '10, 10:50

What's YOG ?
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 19th Aug, '10, 11:26

We're going to a couple of events. Wolfie's keen to watch the sprinting and relay races.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 19th Aug, '10, 14:26

We've been watching a lot of it (on TV) and attended 2 events, Badminton QF and Men's Weightlifting + 85kg final. I have mixed feelings about the whole affair. TV coverage overall has been fairly low quality. We did really enjoy the badminton and having been to the QF, it made last nights semi and tonights final all that more exciting. Weightlifting today was ok, but not as enjoyable as badminton.

The one thing i find puzzling is attendance by the local schools. I'm not sure if its true, but i heard that tickets were allocated regardless of interest. So at todays event there were lots of school kids f**king around paying very little attention to the actual event. If the kids don't want to be there then don't force them.
Last edited by Jedi on 19th Aug, '10, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 19th Aug, '10, 15:16

No interest. I have no interest in the "real" Olympics either though. I doubt I'm alone on both points.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 19th Aug, '10, 20:54

Well, not watched much, but you do know it's on Starhub and they have 4 dedicated channels?
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal