OMFG Finally!

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

OMFG Finally!

Post by Mr Oz » 31st Oct, '10, 09:53

The wannabes have beat the all blacks. [smilie=groovy.gif]

Now I have something to throw at the tasman refos at work other that "So how many medals did NZ win at the commonwealth games!" [smilie=cul.gif]
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: OMFG Finally!

Post by baloo » 1st Nov, '10, 07:57

That was nice, though we should never have found ourselves so far behind. O'Connor should have kicked from the start.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 1st Nov, '10, 08:34

Carter missed a few too, it's the way the cookie crumbles.

Should hear the bleating of the kiwis I know: sack Donald etc etc. I thought it was a close game through out, and Australia did well to come back as they did. The kiwis looked out-of sorts and only half the side they were only 2-3 months ago during the TriNations.

Bit early for them to be choking though......
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 1st Nov, '10, 09:37

Kiwis are very very nervous. They have that nagging feeling that they peaked a year too early again. Possibly kept too many older established players in the squad and haven't blooded enough youngsters.

The Aussie backline is looking very dangerous again. Can score against most teams. We just need to learn how to defend.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fresh Mint
Going Postal
Mood: Blur

Post by Fresh Mint » 1st Nov, '10, 16:33

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Amazed to see just how quick Pocock is at getting to his feet at the tackle. He is made of rubber!

Really inept of Donald not to be able to find touch when they won a turnover under incredible pressure with 30 second to go. At that point you've go to kick the ball into the top row of seats, not try a raking touch kick for territory!

Aussie backs really did look great, but, Pocock aside, I wasn't particularly impressed with their forwards. Their lineouts remain a joke.While the Kiwi lineouts are not much better, their forwards certainly are. The Kiwis clearly lack depth in the backs though. Without Carter they look decidedly ordinary!

My money remains firmly on an All Black choke next year, the Aussie forwards not being good enough and the Boks to plunder the silverware for the third time!

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 1st Nov, '10, 20:52

Didn't see it, didn't even know it was on, no buzz about it here at all until after the match. I guess that's what happens when they play in wherever it was they played.

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 10th Nov, '10, 21:22

To be fair to the ABs (and this from a Pom) if the match had been 2 minutes shorter or 2 minutes longer they may well have won. That said, they looked well under par at Twickers (and still beat us...sigh....)
Life's too short...