Rugby championship

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Rugby championship

Post by daffodil » 26th Aug, '12, 11:54

Oh dear, Australia - where to from here ? Looked better in the first 20 minutes than last week, then it all started to unravel. Can't say the AB's were outstanding in either game but deserved winners for sure.

So the Pumas got a draw against SA, good effort ! And ahead of Australia in the results table with 1 point right now!
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Rugby championship

Post by Fat Bob » 26th Aug, '12, 12:07

Both Bledisloe games so far have been drab affairs marked with mistakes. As much as the commentators are blasting the ref for using the whistle, well, he's got to when people are dropping the ball forward or giving away penalties! New Zealand were making some breaks but could hardly capitalise on them, whilst Australia didn't seem to know where to go yesterday.

Not seen either of the Springbok/Puma games but well done Pumas for gaining a draw in their second game. I saw Woodward's comments earlier this week and yes, Argentina will have to come up with a new game plan to challenge away from home, but in Argentina they will be a force to contend with. I can see them putting one over Australia and maybe getting close to NZ. They will be an enigma as none of the other 3 teams are used to playing against such a ferocious pack.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

daffodil
Part of the furniture

Post by daffodil » 26th Aug, '12, 12:39

Drab is an accurate description. Watched yesterday's game at the NZ Ambassadors residence and even the larger Kiwi contingent was subdued, all rather tedious.

daffodil
Part of the furniture

Post by daffodil » 15th Sep, '12, 13:54

Another round and looking forward to the Wobblies V Pumas later, I'm thinking there may be an upset albeit Argentina are away from home. Reckon their forwards will come out on top.

As for the other game, ABs in Dunedin to steamroller the Boks.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 15th Sep, '12, 14:28

Currently top of my pool in the tipping comp (OK, only 6 people, but was the only one to pick the Aussies last week and got it on the nose - streaked ahead).

Hmmmm....though I can see the argies being a little competitive, I can't see them winning. And as much as we've not seen them yet this year, this could be the day the Aussie back line fire.

And yes, New Zealand to win by 2-3 tries.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal