Where to get dive equipment

From basketball to xtreme, this is the place for sports watching and viewing!

Moderator: Fat Bob

Shaxiaoyu
Limp Member
Mood: ok

Where to get dive equipment

Post by Shaxiaoyu » 27th Aug, '13, 21:52

Anyone know where to find good dive shops in Singapore as I need some odd bits and pieces like hoses, weights, etc.

Alternatively any online shop suggestions also welcome (preferably with minimal delivery charges to Singapore though).

Thanks!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Where to get dive equipment

Post by Fat Bob » 28th Aug, '13, 08:01

They are all pretty similar. If you have/want specific equipment then you may need to go to an authorised seller, there again, you may be able to get it anywhere.

Places I've found that have a reasonable service include Friendly Waters and Divemasters Pratama.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 28th Aug, '13, 09:41

Weights are usually provided by the dive operator you dive with, why would you want to buy them (except if you need ankle weights)? My full gear without weights is about 15kg, weights will add more to my check-in luggage allowance. It's worse when traveling budget or domestic in many Asian countries (check in luggage allowance is usually 15kg).

I'd highly recommend Living Seas (http://www.livingseas.com.sg). I've been shopping there for years. You can also go to Eko Asia Pacific (http://www.ekodivers.com/) or Diveshop@SG (http://www.diveshop-sg.com/). They won't try to rip you off like some other shops I won't mention.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 28th Aug, '13, 23:54

DiveShop@SG? Don't get your dive gear serviced there, he's a friggin' muppet! Phones me up to tell me he's done it all, I turn up, he's playing with something that looks like my reg - 30 mins later I find he's not done it all, doesn't have the parts and needs another couple of days! Thank you for the wasted trip!

Unfortunately he's the only Authorised ScubaPro service guy in town. Time to sell the reg and buy a different brand methinks!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 29th Aug, '13, 11:51

Fat Bob wrote:DiveShop@SG? Don't get your dive gear serviced there, he's a friggin' muppet! Phones me up to tell me he's done it all, I turn up, he's playing with something that looks like my reg - 30 mins later I find he's not done it all, doesn't have the parts and needs another couple of days! Thank you for the wasted trip!

Unfortunately he's the only Authorised ScubaPro service guy in town. Time to sell the reg and buy a different brand methinks!
I sold my Scubapro reg for the same reason. Gavin's got issues in that sense but his knowledge of equipment is excellent and his prices are good.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 11th Sep, '13, 15:15

Friendly Waters has a sale on next week: 18th/19th Sept, 12 noon til 9pm. I need a new wetsuit. Will check out regs as well.

Poppy Appeal