A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Re: Platypus - amazing

Post by Burbage » 14th May, '08, 07:29

Fat Bob wrote:
Burbage wrote: By the way, you didn't seem to be very tolerant of my idea that Cellar Boy Fritzel might have been brainwashed and morally corrupted by the Nazis, and it had a lot more sense backing it up than the aliens transporting people around the world 20,000 years ago theory.
Coming on the back of "Anyone who buys a razor with more than two blades is an idiot" then it's showing quite clearly who is being less tolerant. Surely it doesn't really matter, certainly not enough for you to go around calling them idiots?
So you're saying I was right but intolerant? I've never said I was tolerant. Nor am I, I'll listen to reason, but I won't suffer nonsense. The world would be a far better place if there were a few more like me.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 14th May, '08, 07:43

Did I ever say you were right?

The razor comment really did take the biscuit....do you really go around thinking that? If so, you need pity.

I agree regarding nonsense, I to do not like to have people give me crap (sales people are usually the people who get the most of my wrath here, both solicited and unsolicited). But that is different to intollerance of other people's ideas.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 14th May, '08, 07:56

So you are saying that no matter how many blades they can fit in a razor, you'll still upgrade every time? Pay 30% more money, achieve a 1% better shave if anything? Is that correct? You think this is sensible?

I really should have got shares in Gillette.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 14th May, '08, 11:51

I love it when you think you are so right, are so sure of your facts, without even bother to check them in the first place. It makes you look like a complete arse.

I use the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo. 3-bladed. The hand unit bought a few years ago, probably in the UK (so 8+ years ago). I just buy new blades.

But I would never think that people who bought a 5-bladed razor were idiots.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 14th May, '08, 12:21

OMG! We've gone from an article on the platypus to creationism & whether or not it's valid and we're now on to 5 blade razors?? Love it!!!

[smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 14th May, '08, 12:30

Yeah, I'm getting the impression that the Great Razor Debate of 2008 is definitely a runner...

I wax. Can I pick a fight with any depilatory cream users out there?

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 14th May, '08, 12:32

Just fyi, cromasaig, the Great Razor Debate of 2008 actually began on the old board that is now defunct, so it's a carry-over on this board [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 14th May, '08, 12:39

I just think it's a brilliant example of modern marketing. It's not me that thinks people who buy them are idiots, it's the marketers for Gillette who must be wondering, "Just how many blades will these idiots buy?"

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 14th May, '08, 12:43

I didn't think you worked in marketing for Gillette, Burb ;)

Hang on, did you just say 'it's not you who thinks people who buy them are idiots'??? How can you say that with a straight face? Oh, right, you're sitting there laughing your arse off about that one right?? [smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=kiss.gif]

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 14th May, '08, 13:16

I think 85% of the world's population are idiots. Some of them don't even buy gillette razor blades.

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 14th May, '08, 13:17

Only 85%? You're mellowing in your old age Burb...
Life's too short...

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 14th May, '08, 13:23

The battery in my Mach II - Power 3 blade turbo vibrating razor has gone flat. I was amazed to find that it still works as a razor :)
We are the TPF