Show and Tell

A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Re: Show and Tell

Post by Aliya » 5th Aug, '08, 16:57

Oh yes, that is right Furbabe, you were the first of my victims. I looked after a friends 3 mice, when they came back they had 21...:D

Here is Nicolai.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Aug, '08, 17:00

And my first cat who only died last year - Chelsea. Oh I loved her. She and Nicolai both died last year aged 17 and 18 respectively. Nicolai was a real blokes cat, loved men. Chelsea fed him with her kittens I saw him in a pet shop and took him home, he was the biggest cat you ever saw, both body weight and fur length, a gentle giant. Sob I really miss them. I left then in NZ with my friends in my house when I came here.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 5th Aug, '08, 17:01

Brief selection of the many prize-winning bunnies. I hope - have crashed IE twice.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 5th Aug, '08, 17:02

Another

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 5th Aug, '08, 17:03

I love beagles. :)

A little blind kitty, Furbaby, she's so cute. I found Guy next to a dumpster with conjunctivitis so bad his eyes were bulging like a freaky goldfish. Luckily we got him attention in time before permanent damage was done. Poor scrawny thing just sitting there, couldn't move, couldn't see. But by the time he was well enough to be adopted out, he was well past that kitten stage.

Aliya - over 150! Wow! And I thought I had stories from The Front. Hats off to you! [smilie=bowdown.gif]
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 5th Aug, '08, 17:03

Another

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 5th Aug, '08, 17:04

Last one

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Aug, '08, 17:06

You love beags???? Do you want them???? Am looking for a new home for them I think, they are brilliant with the MissesA but their desparation to be inside all the time is driving us nuts and i am thinking of finding them a new home...

That is how the term Cleavage Reared and Non Cleavage Reared came about, I found the single little ones lived if you kept them down your front because they kept warm via yuor body warmth. A hot water bottle never did it for the singletons. So F and I always had a kit down our front at some stage :). I also found a milk powder that has colostrum in it gave me a survial rate of about 95%. When I adopted the MissesA though I decided to call a stop to the handrearing, I loved it but it is hard finding them a home and so I quit it, do miss having kittens scampering around though! I take my hat off to you LVS, not many other people can or will handrear here in Sing xxx Love your rescue stories toooo.
Last edited by Aliya on 5th Aug, '08, 17:08, edited 2 times in total.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 5th Aug, '08, 17:07

And now I can't resist showing you Malibu and Taboo (possibly for the 2nd time).

FurBaby
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: bedoggled

Post by FurBaby » 5th Aug, '08, 17:16

aww bunnies!

IIRC, they are each of them prolly 10 times the size of the kittens aren't they!

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 5th Aug, '08, 19:37

Aliya wrote:The little one trying to work out if he can pinch my breakfast... Shitehead.

Nice name for a Beagle. Unusual too...
Life's too short...

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Aug, '08, 20:23

You want him??????? He is yours

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 5th Aug, '08, 20:35

Congratulations BFG... you just won a beagle! [smilie=groovy.gif]

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Aug, '08, 20:35

Excellent, one down, one to go [smilie=groovy.gif]

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 5th Aug, '08, 20:45

G'wan, post a picture of Basil (the MALE beag) 'nursing' Xiao Hei...... :o [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 5th Aug, '08, 21:00

Oh yes, I've finally got that picture out of my head, do feel free to repost. :lol:

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Aug, '08, 21:43

I deleted that one after the last time I posted it, too awful :D

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 6th Aug, '08, 09:29

Aliya wrote:I deleted that one after the last time I posted it, too awful :D
Probably for the best..... :lol:

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 6th Aug, '08, 11:50

Lichtgestalt wrote:Congratulations BFG... you just won a beagle! [smilie=groovy.gif]
Yum. A little garlic, thyme, bay and red wine. Meal fit for a king...

[smilie=party0021.gif]
Life's too short...

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 6th Aug, '08, 12:14

OK, this may work. Fingers crossed. I seem to be having an LVS moment with photos here...
B0003210a.jpg
The black & white is Kimi and she was rescued when 3 weeks old from the HDBs near IMM, she is definitely a wild one despite also being the cuddly one. She has a typically crooked half length tail.
The ginger is Kiki, she is the older of the two and very aloof. She was an adult when we got her, someone was moving to Shanghai and wouldn't take her. So she came to live with us. She really only spends time with me and even the won't sit on me but will lie/sit next to me on the couch or whatever. Only sleeps on the bed when Mr Purr is away (so a lot lately, she is quite put out he is back this week).

This photo is a rarity, it's not often they are so close to each other, but as you can see neither are particularly sleepy, they are waiting for me to take them outside for their evening play in the garden.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 6th Aug, '08, 12:31

I always thought that ginger cats were all male until I rescued a ginger kitten that turned out to be female. I never met a ginger female before Singapore. Nice kitties, PP! The ginger has a nice long tail - I have only one with a long tail, The Kitten, and she is very proud of it.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 6th Aug, '08, 13:29

We've had a bit of a traumatic night.

Druscillus, our youngest, hadn't come home by bedtime last night, and didn't come home last night either. Looked everywheere this morning, no sign. Bit worried as there's a construction site next door where he likes to play.

Big relief to get back from playdate at Aliya's to find him asleep on top of the TV cabinet apparently none the worse for wear.

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 6th Aug, '08, 13:31

This is the crazy cat I used to have - his name was Phil and he used to go for walks with us around the neighborhood :lol: It was always good fun because he'd trot along with us and neighbors (who weren't familiar with old Phil yet) would ask amazed "Is that your cat?" and we'd say yes and then: "He goes for walks with you??" He was a pretty big boy too - both in weight and height

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 6th Aug, '08, 13:47

What a cutie Slinks, cats that walk "out" are fun. Our old family cat used to walk to the end of our street with us but would always stop at the same house and come no further. She used to wait at the front gate of our place for us to come home too, she greeted us one by one and was most put out when someone didn't come home at the right time.

Lili, there seems to be a lot of ginger "girls" in Singapore, I know of 3 other than ours too.

Everyone's cats are just gorgeous, and yes I love the beags too, but cannot give them a home. :cry:

Edit: Scummy I have no doubt your cat that caused all the commotion is merely sitting there wondering what you are all carrying on about. 8-)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 6th Aug, '08, 14:15

Nicolai went on the bus to work with me twice by accident, he was a one.