Aquarium Emergency

A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Re: Aquarium Emergency

Post by Aliya » 25th Nov, '08, 16:08

What about just having some bog standard Beta in your tank? They are very pretty and hardy. A male siamese and a couple of females?

I have a male Siamese fish in my tank in the office and am getting him a girlfriend as he is blowing bubbles. He has no filter and doesnt seem to ever need one to keep the water clear. At home I have the usual Betas of lots of different colours and a male Siamese FF and two females per large outdoor pot. I dont use filters for them at all, they have built up an ecocystem and we just top up with the hose every couple of weeks which seems to be fine, we have lots of babies etc.
Last edited by Aliya on 25th Nov, '08, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 25th Nov, '08, 16:19

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. But I still have 5 little fishies in my tank. Do you think Orijen makes food for them?
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 25th Nov, '08, 16:22

I can share some of the fwegels Orijen with you :D
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"