yellow male lab for adoption

A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

yellow male lab for adoption

Post by Aliya » 1st Dec, '08, 15:42

My ex next door neighbours have the most lovely very pale yellow almost white male labrador. He is a purebred lab, no papers as was part of a litter of puppies born to one of my other neighbours.

He has very pale eyes (very unusual in a lab), is two years old, is well trained and walks well on the lead, is great with kids and is an all around lovely dog.

They are moving to a house with a small garden and "cannot take him with them" because they do not believe in letting dogs inside the house. While I am annoyed - very annoyed - with them for letting him go without finding a house with a bigger garden, in my view this is an opportunity to find him a home that really values and loves him. He has been well looked after and has been formally trained to walk, sit, etc.

I would highly recommend him having known him since he was a puppy.

If you are interested please PM me and I will send on a picture and arrange a meeting. They are moving out of their house in December and so are quite quickly looking for a home. He needs a home with a decent sized garden, someone to walk him every day and a family that will keep him for always.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: yellow male lab for adoption

Post by Kooky » 1st Dec, '08, 16:02

How many more will there be, as people have to vacate Seletar?

Aliya
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 1st Dec, '08, 16:04

Not many I think. This is the only one I have heard of. People in Seletar are in the whole are very responsible about animals, many of them moved there because of their dogs and are ensuring that their new homes have the space for their dogs. There is lots of talk about where to find reasonably priced houses with decent sized gardens which is good to hear. The people with the lab are lovely but the dog is not their priority, they want him to find a good home so I have said I will help them. They have put lots of time efford and $$ into this dog so I am sure it was a hard decision but as always I am always puzzled why people get a dog if they are not prepared to make lifestyle changes to ensure they can keep it throughout the 10-15 years a dog will live.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 1st Dec, '08, 16:35

Yeah, it was the thought of them being unable to find landed properties at a similar rent that worried me. :(

azzam
Mood: musn't grumble

Post by azzam » 1st Dec, '08, 16:39

This is why I only have a cat. Just pop him in bubble wrap and off we go.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 1st Dec, '08, 16:44

But as Tack used to say when refusing to take one in, those buggers usually live even longer than dogs. :lol:

edit: those are my words, not Tack's. She's way too posh to say bugger.