Foxilla

A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Foxilla

Post by Tack » 12th Aug, '10, 00:39

Our neighbourhood has a new problem. It has been noticeable for a couple of months that the cat population has shrunk. I'd see at least 3 different ones in our garden daily and loads more at night on the road. . These are all well-loved pets. Now I'm lucky to see one a week anywhere. In response to a resident's plea for a missing cat it has transpired that on 2 separate occasions someone has seen a fox carrying a dead cat (obviously different cats). Never heard of this before so I thought I'd share.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Re: Foxilla

Post by Lichtgestalt » 12th Aug, '10, 01:39

Are you living in London? When I was living there we heard foxes at night roaming around. I think they can kill a cat but only if they are really hungry and desperate

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 12th Aug, '10, 04:06

No, this is at our semi-rural home in Berkshire . Yes, we have loads of foxes both there and around our London flat. Rabbit population may well be down due to dry weather/brown grass.
Last edited by Tack on 12th Aug, '10, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 12th Aug, '10, 06:53

yep, sounds like foxes. pretty vicious beasties. we have the odd one running around our property, probably going after the rabbits.

we can kill them, though, and you can't...

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 12th Aug, '10, 07:50

Good win for the foxes! However, you've only got the previous government to blame for banning fox hunting.

I'm sure that's the pro-hunt arguments, whereas the anti-hunt argument will be that the fox hunters themselves are attacking the cats and babies.

I bet the previous government some how managed to restrict the news of this sort of thing so it didn't show their fox hunting ban to be incorrect.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 12th Aug, '10, 08:51

Wow, I've just gained a bit more respect for my old cat in the US. We had foxes in the woods behind our house and I remember my neighbors down the street telling us they'd seen our cat chasing a fox out of the woods and into their yard. I knew that cat was a bad @ss :lol: