Cute Story

A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Cute Story

Post by slinky » 12th Jan, '12, 10:04

No idea if it's true or not, but I got it by email this morning.....

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out..

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3. He's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'
Attachments
ATT00001.jpeg

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Cute Story

Post by Fat Bob » 12th Jan, '12, 10:59

Hahahah! Quality, no matter how true it is, it's funny!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 12th Jan, '12, 21:48

Love it.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 13th Jan, '12, 02:35

very cute :)
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 13th Jan, '12, 07:54

Smart Dog.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 13th Jan, '12, 08:08

Do you think it's a sign that I got that story with the cute pic of a golden retriever yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon I saw a sign up at the American Club looking for a new home for a golden retriever?? :shock: I can't believe I'm still thinking about calling that number..... :o :o :o

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 13th Jan, '12, 09:00

Yes it's a sign! Call the number. :D

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 13th Jan, '12, 09:16

Better ask Slinky Cat first!
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 13th Jan, '12, 09:38

Cat was there first. The dog will soon learn to obey it's master.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 13th Jan, '12, 14:31

Lili Von Shtupp wrote:Better ask Slinky Cat first!
That's my main concern - don't want a pissed off cat who starts peeing and scratching all over the place :o

I've never had such a big dog and I'm not sure how it would go having one that size basically indoors most of the time. We'll see -- Mr. S just got back from China late last night and I haven't had the chance to talk to him today.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 16th Jan, '12, 11:26

mmmm, have never felt good about the idea of keeping dogs without at least some yard.

as for the story, am kind of inclined to believe some truth to it, because I had a ginger cat that was pretty similar, but minus collar, definitely on the older side too. She'd wait outside for up to an hour to be let in (which I finally gave into after several days), and then took to waiting for me on the porch step after work. Sat on the couch with me to watch tv in evenings, then went to front door and knocked to go home about 9:30-10:30. Took me ages to work out she was actually from next door. And apparently spent the afternoon on the another neighbours porch in the sun. She had various other mates on the street, of which she was..the master of all.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 16th Jan, '12, 12:44

We do have a postage stamp sized yard, Tas, but I've apparently been saved from myself as when I went back a day later the sign was gone, so I take that to mean some other kind soul has taken the dog.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 16th Jan, '12, 14:12

Tas wrote:mmmm, have never felt good about the idea of keeping dogs without at least some yard.

as for the story, am kind of inclined to believe some truth to it, because I had a ginger cat that was pretty similar, but minus collar, definitely on the older side too. She'd wait outside for up to an hour to be let in (which I finally gave into after several days), and then took to waiting for me on the porch step after work. Sat on the couch with me to watch tv in evenings, then went to front door and knocked to go home about 9:30-10:30. Took me ages to work out she was actually from next door. And apparently spent the afternoon on the another neighbours porch in the sun. She had various other mates on the street, of which she was..the master of all.
So you felt being used ;) Cats... beat dogs every time [smilie=groovy.gif]

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 16th Jan, '12, 14:22

My ginger cat used to do the same in Singapore, the first couple of times she got out the neighbour rang me to let me know she was there a bit worried that she was lost, but then he realised that she just like the peace and quiet of his kitchen compared to our noisy one, and with just the grated doors on both she could just wander in when she wanted. She doesn't do it here, she can't work out that she can jump up fences, otherwise I am sure that my neighbours would have a daily visitor. ;)

Slinks, have to agree with Tas, it always slight gets to me when I see big dogs who have no big garden to play in, so perhaps it was just as well you didn't have to make that decision.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous