Christmas in Cyprus

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Re: Christmas in Cyprus

Post by Addadude » 20th Dec, '10, 17:10

I get to Heathrow only to hear that the Manchester arrangement was cancelled last night and nobody bothered to call us. Hope I can get my hotel room back.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 21st Dec, '10, 17:30

sorry to hear that, Addadude...

amazingly we arrived in Singapore today without any delays and, in fact, half an hour sooner than expected...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 21st Dec, '10, 17:35

Tack Minor just arrived safely back in Seattle. Progressing beyond Chicago became unlikely and even getting back was delayed as O'hare hit by snow. So we are all now massively relieved and he has a fortnight in Hawaiian waters to look forward too. His good friend and house sharer is also stranded so they can be festive together. We have a Heathrow refugee here instead, a random friend of TM's from SG days.

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 21st Dec, '10, 23:44

Morrolan wrote:sorry to hear that, Addadude...

amazingly we arrived in Singapore today without any delays and, in fact, half an hour sooner than expected...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amazingly, we managed to get on the SQ317 flight that left on Monday afternoon. And the Manchester transfer did in fact go ahead for other passengers. So we're safely back in Singapore - minus our luggage.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 22nd Dec, '10, 08:05

You could enjoy a lot of travel insurance payouts. Keep all receipts and get a letter from SQ stating when you were due to leave and when you did and when your luggage turns up and you could be a couple of grand better off.

My case turned up 14 hours late in Phnom Penh as someone else had accidentally taken it rather than their own: a couple of phone calls, an email and I got $400. Better than a kick in the teeth!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal