Decent Hotel near Heathrow?

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Decent Hotel near Heathrow?

Post by Kooky » 6th Mar, '11, 08:26

Yes, I'm sure it's been discussed before - I probably asked the question - but I can't find anything.

Flying out of LHR at noon so going to drive down from Oop North the day before. Will hang onto hire car overnight so don't need to be right on the Airport, however do need to bear in mind rush hour traffic flow as we'll probably leave the hotel about 9am.

Will probably be knackered and stressed out by family so somewhere with a half-decent restaurant would be good, won't want to go out. Pool, etc., will no doubt go unused. Maybe somewhere with nice club rooms and lounge?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Decent Hotel near Heathrow?

Post by Fat Bob » 6th Mar, '11, 10:15

I once made Stevenage to Heathrow in less than an hour in morning rush hour, had to get the 11:30am flight. No problem at all, luckily I was in Business Class so was in the lounge drinking Guinness by 9am, lovely indeed.

However, I wouldn't recommend staying in the hotel in Stevenage I stayed at, hell, I wouldn't recommend staying in Stevenage!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 6th Mar, '11, 19:44

Our house? 35 mins to airport under normal traffic conditions (which I'd expect for a noon flight). Could also ditch car day before as options to airport from our place are various :)

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 7th Mar, '11, 03:48

Well if nobody comes up with recommendations we might just do that, Tack!

Thanks, and would love to see you, but it's mid-week. Do you know the Sheraton Skyline?

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 7th Mar, '11, 06:26

Don't know any hotels sorry, but midweek would not be a problem. I assume first or second week April??