Sacramento

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Sacramento

Post by nev » 14th Apr, '11, 18:02

I'll be in Sacramento for a few days in the second week of May to attend a conference. It looks like a really boring place to me, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong. Is there place/restaurant worth checking out?

Thanks in advance! [smilie=mango.gif]

T2K
Going Postal

Re: Sacramento

Post by T2K » 15th Apr, '11, 09:46

As an American, let me give you some advice. In fact, I'll tell you 100% of what I know about it.

Sacramento is a city in California. California is a state on the Pacific coast of the contiguous US, one of only three such states (the other two being Washington and Oregon). Sacramento has several restaurants.

I hope that helped and please enjoy your travels to the US.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 15th Apr, '11, 09:55

T2K wrote:As an American, let me give you some advice. In fact, I'll tell you 100% of what I know about it.

Sacramento is a city in California. California is a state on the Pacific coast of the contiguous US, one of only three such states (the other two being Washington and Oregon). Sacramento has several restaurants.

I hope that helped and please enjoy your travels to the US.
[smilie=bowdown.gif] I love it. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Last edited by nev on 15th Apr, '11, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 15th Apr, '11, 12:00

i have been to Sacramento and T2K's analysis, while excellent, is incomplete: Sacramento also has a railroad museum.
Last edited by Morrolan on 15th Apr, '11, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 15th Apr, '11, 23:19

And don't forget Sacremento is the Capitol of California so you may see Arnold Swartzanagger. I'm sure that you will find many nice places to eat. I haven't been there in 30 years so can't be specific. If you get bored you can catch a bus to San Francisco it's only a few hours away.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 16th Apr, '11, 22:45

Arnie isn't there anymore..... Don't be economic girlie man! ... classic
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 10th May, '12, 16:08

Been there, and wouldn't go back if I can help it. The city seems deserted and the people quite depressed. Also had the worst experience ever in a Sheraton property. My room was not cleaned properly most days, and the sheets had funny stains on them (which was why I noticed they were not changed!!). One night, Sacramento PD banged on the neighboring room's door in the wee hours.

What I noticed walking around the downtown area was that there are A LOT of toothless, homeless people asking for small change. They were practically everywhere.

Oh, and the food was terrible. I tried several random places, even those that are "recommended" and they were all quite blah.