Has anyone used Tiger Air recently?

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Has anyone used Tiger Air recently?

Post by Sardonicus » 30th Nov, '11, 21:11

Am considering giving them a try after a long while. There was a lot of bad press about them not long ago. But the prices are quite attractive....
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Re: Has anyone used Tiger Air recently?

Post by Duck » 30th Nov, '11, 21:46

A couple of weekends ago to Phuket...
No delays going out but an hour delay on the return journey.

They had a pilot shortage a while back (according to one of their few pilots) but they continued to sell tickets for all flight destinations, this led to flight cancellations or being re-timed and the CAAS stated that Tiger Airways deliver the service or have their fleet grounded. Consequently they scaled back the destinations and for a while operated a skeleton service until they could offer the full flight schedule, which I believe is now available.
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Nov, '11, 22:31

Didn't their Australian arm get grounded for a safety reasons? Oh, yes

I've more and more come to the decision I'm paying full fare on SQ than fly on budgie airlines. Pain in the arse budgies are.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 30th Nov, '11, 23:02

I flew them yesterday from Krabi.... 40 mins delay but no major issues. The flight out to Krabi was bad though. First the flight was delayed for 45 mins. Secondly, pilot seemed intent on hitting every cloud he saw, so it was a really bumpy ride. The landing was the worst I've ever had, a really hard landing that made everyone scream. I was not impressed. Wouldn't have flown Tiger if there was any other direct flight to Krabi.
Last edited by nev on 30th Nov, '11, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.