Expendables

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Expendables

Post by Joseph27 » 28th Aug, '10, 10:59

In a choice between Step Up 3d (wifes preference) and Expendables - we chose Expendables (damn that taxi driver taking the wrong route to Suntec [smilie=groovy.gif] )

Well there isn't any intellectual padding in this film - its raw fun but also a glimpse into the very bizarre mind of Sly... If Sly was the target in the film 'Inception', the dream sequence would have be the Expendables...

I LOVED IT - a guilty pleasure - absolutely stupid story, great sequences, lots of violence where limbs fly off and bodys are cut in half if not entirely disintigrated by high explosive shells. No need to go into any story - its as lame as Commando was back in 80's but just including the entire list of action stars past and present. Seeing Arni walk off and decline the mission to Sly saying 'let him go he wants to be president' was slightly amusing.

FB - given your multi hundred dollar movie budget - I am sure sure I would recommend it to you... but if you want a break intellectually and like seeing action heros killed hundreds of soldiers then this is your film.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Re: Expendables

Post by Joseph27 » 28th Aug, '10, 11:04

Oh and I am REALLY looking forward to Pirana's 3D... how cools but unfortunately teh boob scenes will be edited in Singapore.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Re: Expendables

Post by Jedi » 28th Aug, '10, 13:41