...and the final part is almost upon us!

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

...and the final part is almost upon us!

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Jun, '11, 13:36

YAY! But BOOO!

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Re: ...and the final part is almost upon us!

Post by Joseph27 » 20th Jun, '11, 22:11

I am looking so forward to seeing this but a little sad that this story has been of my journey over the past 10 years and its coming to an end. I haven't read any of the books (might do it after the film) - definitely a gold class night out.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 21st Jun, '11, 07:14

Haven't seen 7 part one yet. Trying to decide whether to buy dvd then watch movie or just wait till I can buy both dvd's in the special collector's pack version five without the four extra disks no one wants.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 21st Jun, '11, 08:12

I'm sure they'll be special screenings where you can watch 7 parts 1 and 2 back to back. They'll probably be screenings of parts 1-7 all the way through if you looked hard enough!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 21st Jun, '11, 08:22

Yeah, parts 1-7 are on here, they have been running for a couple of weeks and doing a lead in to the latest one. They are also showing part 1 several times the week before the new one starts. Oh and there is one mega marathon...but I don't know how anyone could sit through all of it in one go...I am a fan but I doubt I would make it through them all. Gold Class here has been booked out for months...I think we will be going to an early session to avoid big crowds.

Isn't it funny that nearly everyone's reaction is the same (those that like the series that is)?
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 21st Jun, '11, 09:37

Fat Bob wrote:I'm sure they'll be special screenings where you can watch 7 parts 1 and 2 back to back. They'll probably be screenings of parts 1-7 all the way through if you looked hard enough!
With one cinema within an hour's drive options are a tad limited. And it has one slightly foxed screen, it's open only on friday and saturday night, and it only has stereo sound and thin wooden walls between it and the traffic in the street. There are a couple of multiplexes in Cairns, but it'll have to coincide with a trip there for something else.
Last edited by Burbage on 21st Jun, '11, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 21st Jun, '11, 10:26

I definitely want to do the #7 pt 1 and 2 back to back so I hope Gold Class has that running... a nice pre-40th pressie from me to me (to add to the many that I am investing in over the entire year :-) )

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 21st Jun, '11, 10:35

i heard she's going to write another HP story...

to paraphrase the late, great Frank Zappa: "the torture never stops..."

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 21st Jun, '11, 10:38

I'll be in the US the whole month of July. Hope it's still in Gold Class when I return the first part of August!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 28th Jun, '11, 22:50

Just booked opening night tickets. YAY!!!

Poppy Appeal

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 4th Aug, '11, 10:45

Thank Dog this is still in Gold Class (even though the times aren't the greatest)! Seeing it tomorrow, finally :D

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 21st Nov, '11, 18:59

The earlier movies are being re-run on HBO here, just watched HP and the Sorceror's Stone.....had forgotten just how young these guys were in the first one! May have to dig out the rest of the series for a bit of a Pottering!

Loved the final part too.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.