Sex and Zen 3D / Bad Bosses / Captain America

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Sex and Zen 3D / Bad Bosses / Captain America

Post by Joseph27 » 4th Aug, '11, 18:19

Okay I went for the tits and it was beyond stupid - one of the few movies I simply couldnt be bother sitting through... and it says something I lasted through killer tomatoes and any number of zombie films... this film was just plain bad with acting and dialogue in keeping with a high school production... 3D tits werent enough to keep me in the cinema. [smilie=23_3.gif]

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain-america/

Also capt america really sucked - if you have a 10 year old boy, they should like it otherwise.... arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/horrible_bosses/

Hit and miss - nothing to scream out about, there were a few laughs but it felt more like an episode of entourage than a movie
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Re: Sex and Zen 3D / Bad Bosses / Captain America

Post by Pinklepurr » 5th Aug, '11, 14:47

Spot on J27...Capt. America, my 10yo loved it....the rest of us just rolled eyes and put up with it.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 5th Aug, '11, 15:14

Capt America was indeed pretty bad. Hollywood needs to decide - make movies about WWII, with all its moral certainty but with clunky old machines and weapons, or do you want to make movies about lasers and flashy vehicles and such. You can't do both.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Joseph27
Going Postal

Post by Joseph27 » 5th Aug, '11, 18:00

Yes the technology part was just plain silly - I can't envisage going and watching another marvel comics creation, they are getting beyond ridiculous. Its monkey tomorrow so going to see rise of the planet of the apes, they should provide a good 100minutes to freeze
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 5th Aug, '11, 20:07

Yep, we are off to watch the apes tomorrow as well. Should be good.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Joseph27
Going Postal

Post by Joseph27 » 6th Aug, '11, 13:52

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was damn shiok :-)

Enjoyable and fun - 4 year is still keen to go to the zoo so no permanent damage.