Movie: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Movie: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Post by Kooky » 7th Mar, '12, 07:31

Had seen some press about this and thought it would be just my kind of film, and it is.

It won't change your life, it's what I usually call a "low-budget B-movie" but with a hugely impressive cast (and Liza Tarbuck, and that little girl that's in the painful sitcom with Hugh Dennis). Funny and sad, doesn't make you think too hard but (or so?) thoroughly recommended, especially if you like British movies. Hard to single out any one actor, it's truly an ensemble cast full of faces you will recognise. Based on a book I don't know, called "These Foolish Things".

Already out in the UK, out in Oz on 22 March, not sure how Singapore usually fits in with the release schedules.

British retirees travel to India to take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel. Less luxurious than its advertisements, the Marigold Hotel nevertheless slowly begins to charm in unexpected ways.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1412386/

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Re: Movie: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Post by Pinklepurr » 7th Mar, '12, 07:48

I saw trailers for it ages ago and thought it looked like fun. Off to see it with my sister once the grand prix is all over. I see they re-released the book under the movie title as well.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous