Iron Man 3

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Iron Man 3

Post by Fat Bob » 16th Apr, '13, 23:10

Booked. Some good stuff in the next few weeks.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Re: Iron Man 3

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 17th Apr, '13, 13:17

I'm psyched! There is a lot of good stuff coming up.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 29th Apr, '13, 09:03

so, we saw this this weekend and neither we nor Little M were impressed. Little M anounced (for the first time ever) halfway through that he didn't like this movie. quite surprised, too, that this qualified for a PG rating in Singapore...

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 29th Apr, '13, 11:41

I enjoyed the movie. I liked Ben Kingsley's role, and altogether the effects were good, good fight sequence at the docks, and enjoyed Tony becoming a little bit more human, humble and losing his swagger (but still winning at the end of the day). And if it's a spoiler that the Super Hero saves the day then you are too bloody sensitive!

It didn't go on too long (was billed as 131 mins) and the bottle of wine went down well whilst watching. Didn't get bored, didn't think about falling asleep, didn't look at the random chick sitting next to me.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 29th Apr, '13, 17:40

Yeah, I can say the same about Wolfie, who watched most of it through covered eyes. I was expecting more of the same kind of humor of IM and IM2, where yes there was violence in those, but it was all good old fashioned good guy v bad guy chases and shoot-'em-ups. I felt this one was very dark at spots, and some of the violence was a bit more psychologically challenging.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 30th Apr, '13, 12:44

little M was most disturbed by the 'glowing people' and their methods of dispatching and being dispatched... as it were.
noticed the US rating was PG 13.

FB: i thought the fight scene at the docks was messy, both in orchestration and capture. it did not make me feel immersed, more like an old style 2D top down shooter.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Apr, '13, 14:02

Hmmm...maybe that's the case. Perhaps I'l have to watch it again! (Though I did watch Prometheus again recently and still enjoyed it).

I seriously think my idea of going on my own, drinking a bottle of wine and taking it all rather easy helps me enjoy movies more. Taking kids, families, not going to Gold Class, all of it reduces the experience. Maybe I'm just the lucky one?

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 30th Apr, '13, 14:53

[That's how I saw the last Bond movie, and loved it, when a lot of folk panned it, thought it was best afternoon in an age ]
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 30th Apr, '13, 15:00

Morrolan wrote:little M was most disturbed by the 'glowing people' and their methods of dispatching and being dispatched... as it were.
noticed the US rating was PG 13.

FB: i thought the fight scene at the docks was messy, both in orchestration and capture. it did not make me feel immersed, more like an old style 2D top down shooter.
Those were what freaked Wolfie out. I think the makers completely alienated an entire segment of fans when they planned this one - did they learn nothing from Pixar? Marvel toy sales will take a hit! :lol:

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 30th Apr, '13, 15:20

Fat Bob wrote:Hmmm...maybe that's the case. Perhaps I'l have to watch it again! (Though I did watch Prometheus again recently and still enjoyed it).

I seriously think my idea of going on my own, drinking a bottle of wine and taking it all rather easy helps me enjoy movies more. Taking kids, families, not going to Gold Class, all of it reduces the experience. Maybe I'm just the lucky one?
i didn't mind Prometheus, but more as a standalone rather than related in any way to Alien.

Little M is a real moviegoer, he'll sit there and let it wash over him. most of the time we hardly know he's there.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 5th May, '13, 11:17

Well, we loved it. It may not have been up there with the Tony Stark one-liners but the rest of it was good. Not surprised it got a PG rating in Singapore, there was no sex which seems to be the only reason they rate up any movies there, violence never really rates does it unless it is graphic? At least at the end we found out why Tony Stark was narrating it...good stuff.

Edit: Oh, and really these movies now are never really made with younger kids (just us never grow up ones) in mind...any of them are they? All the action movies now are really beyond PG ratings, from Transformers, through Batman, and the Avengers crew...I wonder what the man of steel will bring us as well. All have pretty dark moments/themes in, if not throughout, them don't you think?
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Puffined
Limp Member
Mood: Great!

Post by Puffined » 4th Jun, '13, 22:02

My dept. head watched it in iMax recently :) He's happy and I'm going to watch too))