Grill out - excellent ribs

Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs of Singapore

Moderator: Fuzz

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Grill out - excellent ribs

Post by canuck » 3rd Jan, '09, 11:44

Found this on a wander around Clementi area, tucked in behind Sunset way, towards the canal off Clementi road.

Who knew there was a jewel to be found?

We were hot and thirsty so stopped for a beer ($8 for tiger), looked at the menu and thought we'd share a nibble. We had a plate of short ribs (pork) that were the best ribs I have had in Singapore and on par or better than most ribs had in Canada. The meat was so tender if fell off the bone flavourful and the bbq sauce was excellent $12. We also ordered skewered pork shoulder, which was nice, the meat was excellent and tender but no comparison to the ribs. Fresh warm (not nuked) buns and you get a complimentary salad with any meal ordered.

The menu also includes rack of ribs (we will be going back) ($28), and American kobe steak (around $32), from Snake River farms(somewhere in America apparently).
Service was excellent, and the owner was very nice, complimentary sorbet when we praised his ribs.

It is a bit of a wander through stalls and such to find, but the atmosphere is nice,a big wooden deck area out back (bring some OFF)

azzam
I post here professionally
Mood: musn't grumble

Re: Grill out - excellent ribs

Post by azzam » 3rd Jan, '09, 11:50

Sounds like a diner's club outing should be arranged. The budget arm of Diner's Club. Seems appropriate these days.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Re: Grill out - excellent ribs

Post by Aliya » 3rd Jan, '09, 15:13

I loves ribs, would be on for that.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"