Tyred

Practical stuff about living in Singapore - you ask, we'll try to answer! Trades, sales, wants, desires - but no commercial ads, please!

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Tyred

Post by Spike » 3rd Oct, '12, 09:58

For the first time in Singapore I need to buy a new set of boots for my car. Can anyone recommend a tyre dealer that speaks English and won't rip me off. Yes I know that's a huge expectation.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Tyred

Post by slinky » 3rd Oct, '12, 10:16

I think the only time I've done this is from the Honda dealer - probably not the least expensive, but at least it seems like there is a set price & I'm not paying too much more than I should.

Edit: Of course if you don't drive a Honda, you'll probably need to go to the appropriate dealer ;)

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 3rd Oct, '12, 10:45

Lee Huat Tyre & Battery Co. @ 250 Balestier Road

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 3rd Oct, '12, 13:38

Always had good service and advice from Autobacs, which is up at 30 Bukit Batok East Avenue 6 Singapore 659761. never done tyres tehre.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 3rd Oct, '12, 15:06

It's a while ago now (3 years sheesh!) but I last got tyres at the Hurry Tyre and Battery place on Bukit Timah Road (near the Farrer Road flyover) they were pretty good and decent price as well.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 3rd Oct, '12, 18:02

Yes the place on Bukit Timah is good, though I always liked going to random places in Balestier.
We are the TPF