Daycare woes - options and advice

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

SmilingGreenEyes
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Upbeat

Re: Daycare woes - options and advice

Post by SmilingGreenEyes » 24th Sep, '08, 17:31

KK - Are there not guidelines that these creche have to follow int erms of staff ratios? In the creche where my son is they have to have 1 member of staff for 3 babies under 1 and 1 member for 6 babies over 1. So a group of 12 toddles, wobblers or kids will have two staff members. The baby room where my son still is has a maximum of 6 places. The groups are all small.
If anyone guideline is broken the local health serivce dept comes down on them like a ton of shit. They risk being closed down.
I know exactly what you must be going through and you must be at your wits end. Sending him to your family right now though might not be the best solution. He needs his Mammy, your helper and all other things familiar. What about searching for a new creche, even if it is further away or if you have to move. That way he only has to be there a few months more hopefully and then you can move him somewhere smaller, more cosy and loving.
I looked at many creches when I started down this road. Luckily the one I found is a diamond and the girls truely care for my son. There are genuine, warm caring places out there - the majority I would have said. I can't imagine Oz is so different....Maybe the change has been tough for you all and you are all smarting, your helper included. Culturally she is very different and maybe does not understand the 'way' there. That may be contributing to her impression of what is happening. Not sure - only a thought. But keep searching for a better place - people move on and places become free then.