Reading to kids

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

FurBaby
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: bedoggled

Re: Reading to kids

Post by FurBaby » 14th Mar, '08, 20:13

Tas wrote:Also remember a one about these colourful blob creatures that I think were a series.
Tas: Barbapapa? http://www.barbapapa.fr/gb/barbapapa.html

Tack

Post by Tack » 14th Mar, '08, 21:50

"Autumn had come to the island of Sodor. The leaves were changing from green to brown. The fields were changing too...."

That one was a favourite about 17 years ago.
:)

My boys were read to till they were 14 and 15 when the last chapter of the last book in the Swallows and Amazons series was finished!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 15th Mar, '08, 10:44

I think that is more about the slow reader more than anything else, Tack ;)
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tack

Post by Tack » 15th Mar, '08, 12:34

:P Nah, more to do with their fab Grandad reading one book per holiday with them and spending loads of time discussing and teaching fishing, knots, boatmanship etc as it came up!

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 15th Mar, '08, 15:40

Tack wrote::P Nah, more to do with their fab Grandad reading one book per holiday with them and spending loads of time discussing and teaching fishing, knots, boatmanship etc as it came up!
Lucky, lucky kids. Nice....
Life's too short...

Tack

Post by Tack » 16th Mar, '08, 13:12

Very true and your words have made me appreciate it all over again, thanks. Mr T and I have been very lucky; all 4 grandparents have played blinders and made their beneficial marks on our boys. In return the boys adore the wrinklies.

And to stay on topic, that meant 6 regulars to read to them (plus sundry aunts etc), all avid personal readers too. Now as 19 and 17 year olds one reads alot of fiction and non fiction, the other mainly the latter, even though he was the one great at Eng Lit essays.