Bruder Toys

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Bruder Toys

Post by slinky » 14th Oct, '09, 15:13

Lili Von Shtupp wrote:Until I realized, he was rating the princesses. Turns out he has the hots for Ariel from the Little Mermaid.
[smilie=rotflmao.gif]

(That might explain why Little Boy Slink was so willing to watch The Little Mermaid a few years ago....:lol: )

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 14th Oct, '09, 15:33

Love it :)

No chance of my girls being into pink tutus, they are the birdnest hooligans at every party etc, bare feet, grubby dresses, smeared faces, no chance of a tidy little princess in the Aliya household...

Trucks are a major part of the house as are lego building blocks which they love. We also have a boy doll dressed in a dress (by MsA1) :)
Last edited by Aliya on 14th Oct, '09, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 14th Oct, '09, 15:41

Oh, Slinkette has yet to ask for a doll. In fact, the year her cousins sent her barbies for Christmas (2 years ago now) she cried when she opened them. We had to take her out and let her get a toy - she picked a truck :lol: And, at the end of last school year when I asked each of them to decide which toys in their rooms they no longer played with & put them in a box, she stacked up those barbies and said she didn't want them :lol:

Aliya
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 14th Oct, '09, 17:42

Barbies bleuch! Even before I had children I always promised myself that if they were girls they would never have Barbies! No offence to you dear Slinky but Barbies and me just dont gell. Jealousy probably lol
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 14th Oct, '09, 17:58

Aliya wrote:Barbies bleuch! Even before I had children I always promised myself that if they were girls they would never have Barbies! No offence to you dear Slinky but Barbies and me just dont gell. Jealousy probably lol
Why would I be offended? I didn't buy them - re-read the post :lol:

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 14th Oct, '09, 18:23

Possum wrote: I don’t believe it messed with his sexuality but saying that I have yet to meet a girlfriend.
Shit, me too!

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 14th Oct, '09, 18:23

Possum wrote: I don’t believe it messed with his sexuality but saying that I have yet to meet a girlfriend.
Shit, me too!

Bender

Post by Bender » 14th Oct, '09, 19:29

It must be getting late - I'm starting to see double. Never mind.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 14th Oct, '09, 19:46

I won't even begin to tell you (or maybe I will) about my son and his collection of barbies, nor his choice of dress up outfits...all I will say is that from the age of about 2 he picked anything that was pink and had sparkles...pretty much still does and it is 11 years down the track!
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 14th Oct, '09, 19:48

That reminds me, PP, I must get those hairdresser details to you.

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 14th Oct, '09, 20:00

[smilie=lol2.gif] ooh, that would be nice I was just thinking that I really really need a good haircut when I looked in the mirror today. I wouldn't mind at all if he would follow in mum's footsteps, but I don't think so. :roll:
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 14th Oct, '09, 20:07

Bender wrote:It must be getting late - I'm starting to see double. Never mind.
Yep, for some reason computer at work was INCREDIBLY slow (bit better now) so took so long to post I thought it hadn't. Bit better now.

Bender

Post by Bender » 14th Oct, '09, 20:10

I'm still seeing double, but it's a bit better now... ;)
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

azzam
Mood: musn't grumble

Post by azzam » 14th Oct, '09, 21:53

Pinklepurr wrote:I won't even begin to tell you (or maybe I will) about my son and his collection of barbies, nor his choice of dress up outfits...all I will say is that from the age of about 2 he picked anything that was pink and had sparkles...pretty much still does and it is 11 years down the track!
Good for him! [smilie=groovy.gif]

I won't tell you about my nephew either, but he has earned himself a Masters degree in Fine Arts using a female alter-ego he invented and is one of the most talented and intelligent people I know. He now lives in Berlin and makes a living in gay cabaret. [smilie=party0011.gif] :supernana:

He was also awarded Young Playwright of the Year. Twice. And was the subject of an award winning portrait in oils. Oh, I am so proud of him! He had a long, tough, heart wrenching road getting his parents to accept his penchant for drama.
Last edited by azzam on 14th Oct, '09, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 15th Oct, '09, 07:34

little M had a crocodile based birthday cake and a wild animal themed party complete with real live goannas and pythons and even a 4 foot saltie. all the kids loved it...

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 15th Oct, '09, 09:12

Wow Az, that's impressive!

azzam
Mood: musn't grumble

Post by azzam » 16th Oct, '09, 08:02

Morrolan wrote:little M had a crocodile based birthday cake and a wild animal themed party complete with real live goannas and pythons and even a 4 foot saltie. all the kids loved it...

If I ever get married again, you can be my wedding planner.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 16th Oct, '09, 08:24

azzam wrote:
Morrolan wrote:little M had a crocodile based birthday cake and a wild animal themed party complete with real live goannas and pythons and even a 4 foot saltie. all the kids loved it...

LOL! Yeah, and Sigfried and Roy can be your ushers.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 16th Oct, '09, 08:46

azzam wrote:

i can't take the credit, Fyn did most of it... :P

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 16th Oct, '09, 08:48

Morrolan wrote:
azzam wrote:

i can't take the credit, Fyn did most of it... :P
That is very cool. [smilie=meclap.gif]
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 16th Oct, '09, 08:52

I spent hours playing barbie dolls and dress ups, I bought Barbie doll toys for my little sister - she spent hours playing with them too. (I still quite like them - well before the plastic got really cheap so they don't last very long these days when the family pet chew their foot. )These posts makes me feel like now it's politically incorrect to even like Barbie dolls. Cripes, how's that for a turn about. If it's any consolation I didn't end up in a pink career!
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 16th Oct, '09, 09:15

I had barbie and Ken (he of course got run over in the drive way and his head popped off, thanks to the bro),, played with them when I was very young (grade 1-2), got bored, had a friend who had them later in life(Grade 4-5) and see no problem with Barbie, it's a doll, she's not a role model.

that being said I generally hated dolls, at least with barbie you could pretend you were grown up with a god job and a nice car, not some crying, peeing, freaky thing, whose eyes opened and closed when tilted.

Generally I preferred lego

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 16th Oct, '09, 09:18

Yeah, I've got a crying peeing freaky thing now......

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 16th Oct, '09, 09:34

I cant wait for the little guy to play toys too... love all the trucks, lego etc. I also liked girl toys when young. Now, I definitely prefer little guys toys .. already have a real baby doll to play with .... not so fun.

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 16th Oct, '09, 13:09

Barbie dolls are role models…you have doctor Barbie, dentist Barbie, sports star Barbie, mummy Barbie etc etc
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.