Bendy child!!!

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Bendy child!!!

Post by Aliya » 5th Nov, '09, 10:28

We have just realised that MsA2 is doubled jointed on her arms! Quite weird to look at. Does this mean anything we should be concerned about? She can bend her arms backwards at quite a bend, doesnt hurt her of course but still looking at her arm inside out is well, hmmm, interesting... It happens when she just opens her arms wide and they just well keep going backwards. I had double jointed thumbs as a child and found it fun.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

BoD
Part of the furniture

Re: Bendy child!!!

Post by BoD » 5th Nov, '09, 10:32

As long as the boys don't find out when she is 16 you will be fine
We are the TPF

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Nov, '09, 10:53

:shock:
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 5th Nov, '09, 16:25

Deos it mean that she is dislocating her arm in order for it to going backwards?

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Nov, '09, 16:50

Nope it just bends right back at the elbow! Her handbag slid off her arm this morning!

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 5th Nov, '09, 20:40

Aliya - only because my sister is very double jointed and has very little muscle tension (read that as almost zero) i'd consider bringing her to a physio / doctor.

My sister is totally fine but found sports quite challenging mainly as she'd fall down a lot as somehow her bendiness messed up her coordination some.

It might just be worth getting it looked out, see if other joints are affected to that extent and maybe if some strengthening exercises can be done to support the bendy joints.

Is she floppy too or just double jointed ?
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 6th Nov, '09, 10:56

Thanks Choc, funny you say that I was just thinking along those lines. Her muscles seem fine, she has been walking and running since right on 1 year and can hold stuff but my flatmate is an OT and she is going to assess her this weekend as a formal assessment.

She isnt floppy at all, lots of muscle tone but just double jointed in her arms which we have just noticed. Because we have just noticed it we are not sure if it was always there but more obvious with the more things she can do now or something new which is a worry. She is due for some jabs so will ask the paed to look at her as well.

pisoury

Post by pisoury » 18th Jan, '11, 18:19

How long can champagne stay if refridgerated? I have had a couple of bottles of good champagne that have been hanging around in the fridge since 2000. Do you think this is still good or should I just toss it?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Jan, '11, 18:58

Such a strange first post in such a strange place, but I can't see much else wrong with it.

Yes, it should be OK, supposedly if you keep it on it's side rather than stood up it'll keep the cork wet, but it's not that long.

Go for it. If you need help checking, just ask.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 18th Jan, '11, 19:44

You've left bottles of chilled Champagne untouched for ten years.

Jesus, I'd be impressed with myself if they made it to ten days. Just what kind of occasion are you waiting for and at this point, do you feel it is ever going to arise?

Drink the damn stuff and be happy! [smilie=brut.gif]
Last edited by cromasaig on 18th Jan, '11, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 19th Jan, '11, 07:07

Interesting that a spammer found Aliya in connection with champagne.......

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 19th Jan, '11, 12:08

tee hee
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 19th Jan, '11, 14:55

I'm still upset about opening that bottle of Vintage Veuve (that we found in the cupboard when we moved house here) and discovering it was off.

(Actually Daff discovered it was off - and I can report that she's a spitter.)

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 19th Jan, '11, 15:21

ohhh got some vintage reserve moet mid last year for special occassion. we finally drank the bottle shared over christmas, to die for!!!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 19th Jan, '11, 15:38

Must say, many of the wineries visitid in the Hunter valley seem to now make a "reserve" which is 3-4 years aged. They didn't 7 years ago. Very nice on many of them. Not all wine is "drink now".

Time to get a 2nd wine fridge methinks....
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 19th Jan, '11, 15:55

oo er. did I mention I bought a slightly retro cocktail cabinet couple weeks agao. bit cheesy style wise, but I just love it, has glass internals on top shelf, crystal glass wear looks brilliant against the freshly windexed glass. And it holds all my booze and a case and half of wine. so much more organised having a form of booze storage.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 19th Jan, '11, 17:05

We've no room for our wine fridge, so it's in the storage cage in the car park. :(

Well we had no room for it until I had a brainwave - going to see if we can convert the TV cabinet :D

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 19th Jan, '11, 17:34

should be able to take out an internal shelf - if it's the one I think that's pretty massive!

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 19th Jan, '11, 17:38

Sure is. So big it's not going anywhere fast.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 19th Jan, '11, 17:43

Kooky wrote:I'm still upset about opening that bottle of Vintage Veuve (that we found in the cupboard when we moved house here) and discovering it was off.

(Actually Daff discovered it was off - and I can report that she's a spitter.)
No secrets around here, eh? ;)

But seriously, it was rancid. Next bottle was better though!
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 20th Jan, '11, 17:16

Talking about wine, MsA1 polished off a glass of white wine (mine) last Sunday, got off her face and had to go to preschool with a hangover :)

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 24th Jan, '11, 16:24

am happy to report that ou new place comes with a built in wine fridge, so we now have two to fill and empty on a regular basis, as we are still happily using the one i bought off Big Merv back in 2003... [smilie=groovy.gif]

we also have running water... down the walls inside the house, but that's another story. [smilie=wtf.gif]