Teeth

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

sardippy
Limp Member
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Teeth

Post by sardippy » 26th May, '10, 14:16

Not sure about the eyes...try again:)

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 26th May, '10, 14:17

Interesting. The "sipping"thing never occurred to me.

Mini doesn't drink juice much as I never buy it, mainly milk, water and occasionally "beer" (100 plus if Daddy has some). It's a bit embarrassing when we're out, though, and he asks for beer!

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 26th May, '10, 14:20

sardippy wrote:If they're frothing at the mouth then you're wasting your money..
What if they froth at the mouth anyway? ;)
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

sardippy
Limp Member
Mood: Indifferent

Post by sardippy » 26th May, '10, 14:24

Lili Von Shtupp wrote:
sardippy wrote:If they're frothing at the mouth then you're wasting your money..
If they're quite young then swallowing too much paste (or more specifically, the fluoride in the paste) can cause mottling on their developing adult teeth. Can be quite unsightly. Usually happens to kids who like to 'eat' toothpaste on the quiet. Not sure if the water is fluoridated in Singapore but if it is that's when you need to watch the levels they ingest.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 26th May, '10, 14:40

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 26th May, '10, 15:48

Morrolan wrote:Image
"Is it safe?"
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 26th May, '10, 15:51

I think MsA1 is actually Japanese because she is obsessed with seaweed, sushi, miso soup and wont even LOOK at dairy food. We get her those little packets of seaweed and she eats them as a snack. Hates pasta, is obsessed with rice.

MsA2 on the other hand would live off cheese and milk and yoghurt. Loves pasta and noodles, not fully about rice.

Thanks LVSnot for the cheese/milk for afternoon tea idea. We have recently got them off their bedtime milk by sheer luck of them both getting gastric flu and throwing up their milk so we have told them no more milk in bed because it makes you sick. However I had been thinking about how to introduce milk again into their diet but not in a bottle and of course, dumb tart I am, milk in a cup at afternoon tea time!!! Doh.
Last edited by Aliya on 26th May, '10, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 26th May, '10, 15:55

sardippy wrote:
Lili Von Shtupp wrote:
If they're quite young then swallowing too much paste (or more specifically, the fluoride in the paste) can cause mottling on their developing adult teeth. Can be quite unsightly. Usually happens to kids who like to 'eat' toothpaste on the quiet. Not sure if the water is fluoridated in Singapore but if it is that's when you need to watch the levels they ingest.
I was suggesting my child might be rabid :D
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 26th May, '10, 18:12

One shouldn't rinse?
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 26th May, '10, 18:23

OK, this thread is not what an obsessive person like me needs to read. I wrote before that while my dentist recommended I get Wolfie off the apple juice, I haven't done a very good job of it, and now I'm all over that poor kid's teeth obsessing over every stain. :shock:

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 27th May, '10, 06:44

while he gets a glass of watered down juice on occasion, Little M prefers tap water over anything else.