Presents from Santa for children

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Presents from Santa for children

Post by Satellite » 25th Dec, '10, 03:05

MiL asked us what we decided about chirstmas presents - ie do we place them under the christmas tree well in advance or do we place them on Christmas eve. Since baby sate is not even 2, he probably doesnt know any better so for now ours all presents is under the christmas tree well in advance.

MiL said she placed ALL presents under the Christmas tree on Christmas eve when her kids understood christmas.

But for next year..we decided (or rhater I) decided that since Santa only gives presents to children, only the children's presents from Santa will be placed under the chirstmas tree on Christmas eve and all other presents (adults to adults, adults to kids) will be under the Chirstmas tree in advance. This would of course entail that we get an additional present for Baby Sate (from Santa) but that's not such a big deal.

What do you do?

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Presents from Santa for children

Post by baloo » 25th Dec, '10, 09:11

Eat, drink and be merry
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 25th Dec, '10, 09:37

The first thing you have to ask is: are you making a mountain out of a molehill?

But: we used to put a pillow case at the end of the bed, which Santa would fill in the night. A sock was way too small for all my presents. When we got older, the presents went under the tree, but we're talking 10 years old or so.

Now: I don't even have a tree, but I put presents out in the place where a tree would be.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 25th Dec, '10, 10:15

I've taken the practical mode. Wolfie is 4 and a half and out of his little mind when it comes to boxes in gift wrapping. So I've kept all presents squirreled away, then after bed on Christmas eve I put them under the tree, so he didn't see a thing until he woke up in the morning. Had I put any presents under that tree, whether for him or not, I swear that kid would have pestered me eight ways to Sunday, and I just didn't want to hear it.

Baby Sate is too young to care at this stage of the game. When Wolfie's old enough to not freak out, we'll probably put presents under the tree in advance, but for now, hidden until Christmas they stay.

Have a happy one!
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 26th Dec, '10, 21:01

We have our gifts to others under the tree but Santa gifts do not arrive until Christmas eve...and not just for the children...we all get a little "Santa Sack" full of fun things. Santa also leaves any big presents under the tree on Christmas Eve as well...this will not stop happening! I still had Santa presents under my parents tree for as long as they were alive, so the tradition is carried on in our house too.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous