Curious abt your baby’s language and cognitive devt? Free!

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

InfantLangCentre
Lurker
Mood: :)

Curious abt your baby’s language and cognitive devt? Free!

Post by InfantLangCentre » 22nd Apr, '11, 22:39

We, at the National University of Singapore (NUS), are interested in understanding how babies learn their first words.

If your baby will be between 16 to 36 months in the next 8 months and you’re interested in participating in our research, we would be very happy to hear from you!

What should I expect?
Your baby will sit on your lap and listen to a set of words accompanied by pictures. We will be interested in the pictures that your child looks at in response to the words. We will also have you fill out a questionnaire on your child’s language history which will take you about 5 to 10 minutes. Yes, it’s really that simple!

How will my baby and I benefit?
At no cost, we will do an assessment of your child’s vocabulary development and cognitive abilities using standardized assessment instruments. Receive $20 for your child’s participation in this study. Your travel expenses to the Infant Language Centre at NUS will also be reimbursed.

If this sounds interesting and simple enough, feel free to contact us! You may contact us by email (psycjc@nus.edu.sg) or by phone at 6601 1718. If you’d like to find out more, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information, we will be happy to assist you.

You can also visit us at http://blog.nus.edu.sg/babytalk to find out more!
Last edited by InfantLangCentre on 22nd Apr, '11, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Re: Curious abt your baby’s language and cognitive devt? Free!

Post by Sardonicus » 22nd Apr, '11, 23:03

I'd more curious as why you can't be arsed to spell complete words. But I'm not.

Can't wait to read this once baloo gets his paws on it.....
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Curious abt your baby’s language and cognitive devt? Free!

Post by Fat Bob » 23rd Apr, '11, 07:46

Sardonicus wrote:I'd more curious as why you can't be arsed to spell complete words. But I'm not.
I'm curious on how you can take the piss out of people not being able to spell when you can't make a correct sentence.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal