Halloween Specialities!

A place for the boards favorite recipes, healthy or not.

Moderator: canuck

Bender
I post here professionally

Halloween Specialities!

Post by Bender » 20th Oct, '08, 12:54

This is not a recipe, but instead it's a link to one. I made a variation of this last year, using a mix of flavours to make the jelly a grey colour, and filled the finished jelly with raspberry sauce. Truly gross when you stick a knife into it and the sauce oozes out! [smilie=deg.gif] [smilie=deg.gif] [smilie=deg.gif] [smilie=deg.gif]

I bought the mould on eBay.

Anyone who has halloween recipes or ideas, please feel free to add to this topic.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: Halloween Specialities!

Post by Kooky » 20th Oct, '08, 12:58

Do we do Halloween in a big way down here? Should I plan to be out of the house for the evening - we have quite a few small children around us.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 20th Oct, '08, 13:31

You're right. That is truly gross Bender...and you made it grey? urk...the most we do is oddly coloured food types and stuff. Will try and think if any are original type things.

Kooky, you might get a few but its not a big thing, then again most Aussies don't know how to do trick or treat properly anyway. We just have our own little party.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 20th Oct, '08, 13:39

I have a vague high school memory of a party with a small aquarium filled with green jello made with vodka, and headless Barbies floating in it.

Hey, they don't call it high school for nothing.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 20th Oct, '08, 14:01

Saw the heading and thought "ooh, I could make this for mini-Scummy's baby group halloween party", but having seen the picture maybe not. Especially since I'll be the one dealing with the nightmares.

As a side note, a very convincing brain can also be made by stuffing sausages into condoms :lol:

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 20th Oct, '08, 14:03

Scummy Mummy wrote:Saw the heading and thought "ooh, I could make this for mini-Scummy's baby group halloween party", but having seen the picture maybe not. Especially since I'll be the one dealing with the nightmares.

As a side note, a very convincing brain can also be made by stuffing sausages into condoms :lol:
I can't even ask...

OK, I'll ask.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 20th Oct, '08, 14:09

I am not asking, nor do I want to know.

I am not sure she is thinking halloween :?

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 20th Oct, '08, 14:33

Many years ago I went on a training course which included auditors' ethics.

In my group there was this terribly glamorous blonde girl who had the most beautifully painted long nails that each day matched her outfit (very high maintenance) except for one which was gold plated (real!).

At the end of the course, each group had to do a 5 minute sketch based on an aspect of ethics and our group was assigned "independence". Based on Spitting Image (satirical TV show of the time) and the "President's (Reagan) brain is missing" thing they did, we decided to do the auditor's brain being independent of his body.

So we're sitting round discussing how to make a brain and Glamorous Blonde says "I know, we'll get some condoms and stuff them full of sausages".

So she bought the condoms, I bought the sausages, and she stuffed them. I can picture the sight of those lovely nails stuffing the condoms to this day........

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 20th Oct, '08, 14:38

Scummy Mummy wrote:I can picture the sight of those lovely nails stuffing the condoms to this day........
I'll bet the men in your team can, too. :D

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 20th Oct, '08, 14:38

And this, folks, is why auditors are in such high demand for parties. ;)