no more Don...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: no more Don...

Post by Kooky » 18th Sep, '09, 15:55

Well then, thank goodness I've been to Bowral.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Sep, '09, 18:56

I'm not sure the UK has a citizen test. I don't think they should. There again, I don't think the UK should be letting in immigrants as many as they are.
Last edited by Fat Bob on 18th Sep, '09, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 18th Sep, '09, 19:00

I'm just glad I don't have to take a test to live here...doubt I could answer half the questions myself :oops: (although I could answer the Don one, it's just some of the others that would fail me)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Sep, '09, 19:32

Hmmmm...there is a UK citizenship test and I only got 58%! Who cares when women could get divorced, what the head of the EU is called!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 19th Sep, '09, 18:49

baloo wrote:He's revered as the greatest ever all over the world.
...by those that happen to be interested in cricket. hardly a majority of the global population and hardly a cure for cancer.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 19th Sep, '09, 19:28

Sorry, Morro, if you are so against it, don't become a Aussie citizen. It's your choice to live there. Either embrace the culture, be an outcast within the culture, or go to a culture you like.

Of I was applying for Aussie citenship and was asked about Sir Don, I would not be offended.

Poppy Appeal

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 19th Sep, '09, 21:28

Morrolan wrote: ...by those that happen to be interested in cricket. hardly a majority of the global population and hardly a cure for cancer.
Finally we agree. But I think you've confused this little test for some sort of Global Citizen certificate. It's not. It's about Australia and I'd say easily more than 50% of Australians know who Sir Don is whether they like cricket or not.

If this question can cause you so much angst then Australia must be treating you pretty good to be so pre-occupied by it.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 20th Sep, '09, 05:15

Morrolan wrote:
baloo wrote:He's revered as the greatest ever all over the world.
...by those that happen to be interested in cricket. hardly a majority of the global population and hardly a cure for cancer.
This is true, but he's still the most famous man Australia have got, with the possible exception of Dame Edna Everidge.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 20th Sep, '09, 08:47

Burbage wrote:
Morrolan wrote:
This is true, but he's still the most famous man Australia have got, with the possible exception of Dame Edna Everidge.
and Paul Hogan... :)