Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

It dumped last night

Post by Fat Bob » 17th Feb, '11, 00:15

...and it's still dumping!
IMG_0041_sml.jpg
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Re: It dumped last night

Post by daffodil » 17th Feb, '11, 07:28

Enjoy the skiing ! ;)
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 17th Feb, '11, 07:37

looks like that global warming thing has not hit vegas

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 17th Feb, '11, 07:42

Out of Vegas, now in South Shore Tahoe. Fantastic day skiing. Yesterday was very icy, today was fresh powder about 10 seconds after someone else had skied down it!

Snow forecast through till sunday, it has effected lift openings but we've got extensive lifts and runs open here.

Bad thing is our idea of driving across from Reno to Napa has taken a hit. Now it'll be flight to Oakland and drive up!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 17th Feb, '11, 08:02

The leading edge of that storm system has just arrived here in LA. Pissing rain now & snowing at the higher elevations. The brunt of the storm is supposed to get here Friday heavy rains & heavy snows in the mountains around the city. Maybe even more sandbags back at the house again

The passes out of LA get snowed in & the city effectively gets snowed in via land transport
Its a hell of year
Last edited by skank-la on 17th Feb, '11, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Feb, '11, 00:15

In the last 48 hours 32" of snow has been dumped! Fantastic or what. Seems clear at the moment, all lifts are open, so should be another good day on the slopes.

Poppy Appeal

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 20th Feb, '11, 09:44

A total of 79" of snow was dumped between Tuesday night and this morning, and then the sun came out. Oh, the views from the top of the mountain were spectacular, unfortunately this is where the Samsung Galaxy S does not give any justice to the views.

Anyhow, due to the dumping(s), then the skiing was fantastic. Lovely base layer earlier in the season, with fresh sprinkling on top over and over again. That snow just powdered up at every turn if you wanted.

Skiing is over for me, onto wine country (California style) tomorrow, and got a couple of days of good-ish weather forecasted. Let's hope the good stuff for me wasn't a pain for anyone else!

Poppy Appeal