SME/Start Up Business Banking

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

SME/Start Up Business Banking

Post by JJ » 19th Sep, '13, 11:23

Looking for recommendations for banking partner for my new start up/side-line income business...
I have heard good things about OCBC and DBS Entrepreneur Accounts but I also heard that OCBC internet is crap. And StandChart is being mentioned...

Initially at least I wont need alot of fancy banking support, I want to keep it super-simple, and low charges (is there such a thing in banking today?>?) but I will want internet banking, multi-currency accounts...

Any advice or recommendations, good or bad experiences to share? Thanks in advance.

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Re: SME/Start Up Business Banking

Post by expat yorkshire » 19th Sep, '13, 12:12

i use the ocbc business banking ..no complaints

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 19th Sep, '13, 15:33

The OCBC business banking Internet site is being upgraded as I type. A lot better.

Having your company logo on your credit card rocks too.

Stay away from UOB.

When I reviewed my options OCBC was the best for a start up. They'll also come to you to open up the account if you want.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 19th Sep, '13, 16:39

Thanks both. Thats awesome - OCBC it is. Having spent my entire career in branding and adland, I have to say that the logo on the card was killer appealing to me :D Typical - ignore the finances of it all and go straight to the pretty pictures/nice to have. :D :D :D