24 years in a cellar

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Re: 24 years in a cellar

Post by daffodil » 7th May, '08, 14:55

Just when you think this horror story can't get any worse, eh?

15 years for what he has done? What a joke - then again, unlikely that he'll not survive in jail.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 9th May, '08, 14:16

I notice that Fritzel is blaming the Nazis too.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 9th May, '08, 14:22

He's obviously telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 9th May, '08, 14:25

Well if you're already a bit of a loony, a Nazi education can't have been helpful. I wonder how many more of them there are.

kittykat
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: In a state of flux

Post by kittykat » 9th May, '08, 14:27

I read an article that he frequented a brothel and the prostitutes were too scared to go with him. The barman said that 97% of the guys were ok, 2% were weird and 1% was just totally perverted. Fritzl was the 1%.

His daughter was trying to run away when he locked her up. She'd packed her bags and wanted to say goodbye to her mother when he got her. She'd run away once at 16 to Vienna and he found her and dragged her home.
Because you're worth it...

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 9th May, '08, 15:03

"Fritzl described himself as a man who valued decency and good manners and said the emphasis on discipline in Nazi times, when he grew up, might have influenced him

What, so this one pitiful reference to discipline in Nazi times, is the whole supporting documentation for the earlier "assumption " that the Nazi's made him do it????
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 9th May, '08, 15:18

It wasn't an assumption, it was an observation. A noting, if you will, of certain factors. He'll certainly be defending himself by trying to blame the Nazis. Perhaps the Nazis were utterly irrelevant and no one educated by them is unstable at all. But I seriously doubt that.

SmilingGreenEyes
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Upbeat

Post by SmilingGreenEyes » 9th May, '08, 15:37

The Christian Brothers used to say - give me the boy until he is 7 and I will give you the man. I don't think its unrealistic at all to believe that early indoctrination had some influence on this man's belief system.

Apparently the woman, Elizabeth Fritzel, has white hair and no teeth after the years of bad nutrition, no light and 6 pregnancies without supplements of the correct diet. She will have no possibility to pick up a normal life, especially not saddled with 6 children fathered by her father.

As for the mother, the Austrain police are starting to doubt her complete lack of knowledge and are investigating farther. However if the father could treat his children and grand children like that then I would assume that the mother had a dogs life too. Apparently the reunion of the daughter and the mother went very well - maybe they understand each other more than anyone can know.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 9th May, '08, 16:08

SmilingGreenEyes wrote:Apparently the reunion of the daughter and the mother went very well - maybe they understand each other more than anyone can know.
That statement is really just too sad for words (but, no doubt probably true).

Raffles
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: ?

Post by Raffles » 9th May, '08, 16:47

Burbage wrote:I notice that Fritzel is blaming the Nazis too.

Any excuse will do when your perversion and tyranny gets found out.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 9th May, '08, 16:50

He is taking credit for saving them as well...this is from one of the articles floating around in the past couple of days.

"Local newspapers have published excerpts of Josef Fritzl's interviews with police, after they were supplied by his lawyer.

In them, the 73-year-old insists he is "no monster", claims credit for having saved the life of his daughter and adds: "I could have killed them all. Then there would have been no trace. No one would have found me out."

Nineteen-year-old Kerstin, who was born in the cramped dungeon where Fritzl held his daughter prisoner and was never allowed out, was rushed to hospital on April 19 with multiple organ failure, which doctors suggest could be a result of her incarceration.

Her admission to hospital triggered the events that led to the discovery of the shocking abuse case. But Fritzl said: "If it weren't for me, Kerstin wouldn't be alive today." He added: "It was me who made sure she was taken to hospital."

Of course we could all point out that if it wasn't for him there would not be anyone to require saving... :roll:
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

saint
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Excited!

Post by saint » 9th May, '08, 19:10

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7391508.stm

The Austrian man accused of imprisoning his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathering seven children with her is to appear before a judge.

The judge in the town of St Poelten is expected to decide whether Josef Fritzl should remain in custody while police investigations continue.

Can't be that hard a decision for the Judge to make can it? Should throw the bloody key away!!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 9th May, '08, 22:42

josef.jpg
Indeed.....
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal