My landlord's agent is a d!ck.

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

My landlord's agent is a d!ck.

Post by slinky » 27th May, '08, 18:05

Seriously. I have an aircon unit that is barely a year old and has needed a coolant gas top up twice now. Even I know that means there is a leak somewhere. LL agent doesn't believe it :roll: I TOLD the LL agent to take over the aircon servicing when they upped the rent by 90% but they didn't want to do it and so have left that responsibility to me. The company I used previously did proove themselves to be useless in the end and I have not renewed their contract & had someone else out today. Clearly it doesn't matter who I use for servicing as he's not going to believe there is an issue regardless - WTF!!! Does this mean I'm just going to have to pay $80 every few months just to keep the damn room cold so I can sleep there??? [smilie=23_3.gif] [smilie=imprecations.gif] [smilie=23_3.gif] [smilie=imprecations.gif] [smilie=23_3.gif] [smilie=imprecations.gif] [smilie=23_3.gif]

slinky
Porum addict

Re: My landlord's agent is a d!ck.

Post by slinky » 27th May, '08, 18:12

I just got a great idea!

Burb! Can I borrow your army?? [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 27th May, '08, 18:22

Better be quick, BoD's made a call to arms....

Is there any way you can contact the LL directly?
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 28th May, '08, 11:23

If you already agreed to take responsibilty then why dont you get the servicing guys to fix the leak? Of course you have to bear the cost but maybe it might work out cheaper in the end.

edit: why dont you ask for the warranty card - surely it will be under warranty.

Snaffled
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Hooray

Post by Snaffled » 28th May, '08, 11:34

Don't f***ing talk to me about Landlords. The whole memory of 8 years of being happy in Singapore is being destroyed by one petty, unprofessional landlord.
If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking?

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 28th May, '08, 12:06

Move all your stuff out and set fire to the building.

Snaffled
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Hooray

Post by Snaffled » 28th May, '08, 12:08

Or just his building.
If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking?

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 28th May, '08, 13:11

Satellite wrote:If you already agreed to take responsibilty then why dont you get the servicing guys to fix the leak? Of course you have to bear the cost but maybe it might work out cheaper in the end.

edit: why dont you ask for the warranty card - surely it will be under warranty.
Because it is also in the lease that the landlord bears all responsibility for aircon repair and/or replacement. He (the agent) just doesn't want to deal with the problem so now he 'doesn't believe' the guys I had out yesterday. (Of course, when he said that, he ASSUMED I was still using the company that were total dicks on a separate issue, which I wasn't :roll: ) My agent is supposed to be getting the name of his aircon guy - her solution is that if I use his guy for servicing, etc. then he can't disagree with the findings :lol: I've said it depends on how much his guy wants to charge me for a contract, but sure, WTF do I care who does the servicing.

If it comes down to it, then Daff's suggestion is the winner - I'll look into contacting the LL directly. Of course, that will completely freak my agent out - she doesn't do such 'major confrontation' [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 28th May, '08, 13:35

Do you pay the rent yourself? Just withhold the cost of the repair work for the air con. If you don't you're buggered.

Make sure you get back the cost of ALL work you've had done on it since you first informed the agent on what was wrong. As long as you have receipts that is.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 28th May, '08, 14:27

Agree with FB. There's nothing like withholding some rent to get the LL attention. Also, if the reason for withholding is down to a useless agent it might spur the LL into doing some agent arse kicking.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 28th May, '08, 15:08

Company pays the rent, so I can't see that we'll be able to withhold anything. Got the number of agent's aircon guy & have left a message for him. We'll see what he wants to charge for a servicing contract.