disgusting, fat, ugly people everywhere!

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: disgusting, fat, ugly people everywhere!

Post by baloo » 20th Jun, '08, 12:20

Burbage wrote:We are fat and ignorant about our own country, but we expect better from immigrants.
I reckon most countries have that attitude.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 20th Jun, '08, 12:23

Not Ireland.

Do you have a great great great great great great great grandfather who might have had a friend who knew a man who knew an Irishman?

Right, you're in.

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 20th Jun, '08, 12:24

Anything for a decent soccer team eh

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 20th Jun, '08, 12:26

"Decent" being a rather vague term.

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 20th Jun, '08, 12:30

My great great grandfather was a Mr Boggs who was hung as a Fenian does that count, can I get an Irish passport?
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 20th Jun, '08, 12:33

Aliya wrote:My great great grandfather was a Mr Boggs who was hung as a Fenian does that count, can I get an Irish passport?
I would have thought you were over-qualified.

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 20th Jun, '08, 16:50

Aliya wrote:My great great grandfather was a Mr Boggs who was hung as a Fenian does that count, can I get an Irish passport?

Course you can - it's not as if there is any demand for 'em!

[smilie=tease.gif]
Life's too short...

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 20th Jun, '08, 17:17

In a timely blow for the anti-obesity campaign, someone blew up a sugar mill in FNQ today.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 20th Jun, '08, 23:23

Not sure how it is in Australia but health insurance should be far more dependand on those sort of things, i.e. if you are a smoker you pay more, if you are obese pay more.

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 20th Jun, '08, 23:40

I haven't said anything so far, but the more I see this thread the more I feel I have to make some comment because I agree with LVS, I have to admit I don't like the attitude of some of the comments. Can't possibly agree with the fat/stupid/ugly bit all being just lumped together.

I know some pretty stupid ugly, thin people and some fantastically intelligent, funny and attractive fat people, and lots of people inbetween, thing is I hadn't thought about them in that context until now, and I don't think I want to.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Bender

Post by Bender » 21st Jun, '08, 07:23

Well I guess all this puts me on the fat, ugly and stupid side of the fence. Lucky I don't have a cat!
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 21st Jun, '08, 07:28

Bender wrote:Well I guess all this puts me on the fat, ugly and stupid side of the fence. Lucky I don't have a cat!
Watcha tryin't'say, like? :D

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 21st Jun, '08, 07:31

I'm still trying to work out if I'm still stupid and ugly or whether I have magically become pretty and smart because I lost a lot of weight.

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 21st Jun, '08, 08:23

"Sing if you're glad to be fat,
Sing if you're happy like that"

To paraphrase Tom Robinson....
Life's too short...

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 21st Jun, '08, 08:32

baloo wrote:I'm still trying to work out if I'm still stupid and ugly or whether I have magically become pretty and smart because I lost a lot of weight.
Nah, you're still stupid and ugly.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 21st Jun, '08, 08:41

oh, for fuck's sake:

1. this is the Rant Room. if you're not supposed to have a rant every now and again, what's the fucking point of having one. it's not as if i put this in the Serious Discussion Forum.

2. my post said:
how these slobs keep stuffing their faces
and
people shuffling around that just eat too much and move too little.
now i don't know if some of you, who seem to either take this personally or are unable to read or both, fall in this bracket:
so PC you're supposed to treat these yobbo's like there's nothing wrong with them.
but i don't see why it is not possible to have a rant about a part of society that is purposely destroying themselves, unwilling to work towards their own personal well-being and partly responsible for current and future increases in health costs, for which i too am paying.

if it is impossible to do so, i suggest that Admin either remove the Rant Room or add the restriction that it has to remain PC.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 21st Jun, '08, 08:48

Morrolan, you can post your rant, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with what you say. That's all. Nothing personal, just opinions here.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Bender

Post by Bender » 21st Jun, '08, 09:10

Morrolan wrote:oh, for fuck's sake:... rant rant rant... now i don't know if some of you, who seem to either take this personally or are unable to read or both, fall in this bracket... blah blah... i don't see why it is not possible to have a rant about a part of society that is purposely destroying themselves, unwilling to work towards their own personal well-being and partly responsible for current and future increases in health costs, for which i too am paying.
I have no problem with a good rant, and enjoy having one myself, 'coz I can be very judgemental, so I'm not taking it personally at all. If I'm feeling bad about myself, all I need to do is go into town and people-watch for a while - I soon feel so much better.

Time to shift my corpulent mass, with it's undulating waves of flesh, to the shops to get something for breakfast - we're out of doughnuts, chocolate and coke.

BTW, how's your carbon-emitting mission (for which I too am paying) going, M? [smilie=cul.gif]
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 21st Jun, '08, 09:13

baloo wrote:I'm still trying to work out if I'm still stupid and ugly or whether I have magically become pretty and smart because I lost a lot of weight.
Let's put it this way. You have given yourself a chance which your otherwise would not have.

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 21st Jun, '08, 09:14

Tax sugar and flour. It's that simple. Smokers pay high tax to alleviate their burden on the health system, there's no reason why fatties shouldn't.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 21st Jun, '08, 09:17

Lili Von Shtupp wrote:Morrolan, you can post your rant, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with what you say. That's all. Nothing personal, just opinions here.
Seems to me she makes a fair point there, M.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 21st Jun, '08, 09:26

Waiting to check in for a flight the other day, there was this massive white woman in front of me. Her clothes could have been converted to a respectable amount of tentage. I was thinking "don't be American, don't be American, please don't be American" when she loudly asked, in some Illinois or midwest accent, where the gate was, even though I just heard the counter girl tell her the gate number.

People make choices, and we judge them for their choices all the time. You can't defy physics and creat energy from nothing - fat peope made their stupid choice to build up a huge calorie surplus. Fine, but expect to be judged for it just like someone with a bad haircut.

So yeah, I'm down with a little rant on this subject.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 21st Jun, '08, 09:50

Well so far I've responded to all the above in a light-hearted manner as it really is water off a duck's back but now I really do feel the need to say something more serious.

"fat peope made their stupid choice to build up a huge calorie surplus" - and I'm quoting T2K purely because that sums the attitude up nicely. Do you know anything about the thyroid? I'm sure you do, because you're intelligent, so please don't assume that the next size 24 woman you see (that's US 20, I think) is stupid and sits on her fat arse all day stuffing her face with cream cakes.

Thankfully, I had my problem - actually it's a DISEASE - diagnosed before I reached that stage, but many of you on this forum know somebody who didn't and is neither stupid nor lazy. In fact quite an athlete, and worked fucking hard to lose that weight, but obviously if you'd met them then you would have thought they were from the moronic underclass that chooses to be fat and takes an unfair proportion of your taxes in healthcare. I guess you thought the same about me when I was 84kg. Thanks.

So here's the point where I start singing that song, kk. :roll:

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 21st Jun, '08, 11:05

I think LVS summed it up nicely M. Rant all you want but don't expect everyone to let you have your rant without ranting back if that's what they feel like doing.

Being Obese is a society problem today. Blame it on whatever but it's a lot easier to become obese these days than it was in our parents, or M's, generation. Food is a lot more processed and it's a lot harder to find fresh food. TV, Supermarkets and restaurants all help people make the easy decision which is to eat a lot of unhealthy stuff.

I was obese. It was affecting my life in a major way. I really don't feel like writing out why I got that way but I did. No ones fault but my own really. Lucky for me I found something which helped me lose the weight and keep it off. Lucky also I had the spare $1,000 to pay for it. Lucky for me I had enough motivators and support to keep me on the very strict programme until I reached my goal.

So, call an obese person fat all you want. They are and it's a fair call. But group label them as ugly and stupid, with a mix of disgusting and then you are nothing but an ignorant, ugly, disgusting bigot.

And there's my rant and going by your rules, if you don't like it, shut the fuck up.

TheDancerOnYourGrave

Post by TheDancerOnYourGrave » 21st Jun, '08, 17:15

T2K wrote:You can't defy physics and creat energy from nothing
Aha. We've reached God