Telescope

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Telescope

Post by Aliya » 29th Jul, '08, 20:15

I pay the extra $$ for this mag with my Starhub cable. It doesnt have any of the channels I watch except for one of the movie channels. in fact anything over Channel 60 doesnt seem to exist as far as it is concerned. What is the point if it doesnt have all the programming for all channels it offers? I cant see one.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Re: Telescope

Post by Lichtgestalt » 29th Jul, '08, 20:23

You can actually opt out of the magazine (that's what I did) because it is indeed useless and I always used the online guide.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 29th Jul, '08, 20:36

Yup, Aliya, you could have saved a few $$ each month (possible to opt out for 4 years now, so enough for a brunch!) and save a few trees.

And it's always out of date for sports.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 29th Jul, '08, 21:44

It really is a totally useless magazine. The only thing I get any use from it for is seeing if anything new is starting up, which occasionally I miss otherwise.

Since you both opted out of it, do you guys have a good way of getting rid of it?

I have tried to opt out of it twice before and still it comes and still they bill me the $2.50 or whatever it is every month. First time I rang and cancelled it, second time I did it on-line with call follow up, neither method worked. Perhaps I am just too nice on the phone. :D
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 29th Jul, '08, 21:58

Pinklepurr wrote:It really is a totally useless magazine. The only thing I get any use from it for is seeing if anything new is starting up, which occasionally I miss otherwise.

Since you both opted out of it, do you guys have a good way of getting rid of it?
I moved to the UK.

Did it online if I remember correct (the cancellation, not the move)

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 30th Jul, '08, 07:26

Hmm, that reminds me, I'm sure we're paying for a cable mag but haven't yet received one.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 30th Jul, '08, 19:15

Maybe I got yours, then.

Definitely wasn't expecting one.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 30th Jul, '08, 20:33

I opted out over 6 years ago! It's totally useless.