Starhub inefficiency!

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Starhub inefficiency!

Post by Fat Bob » 21st Aug, '08, 19:14

OK, more of a laugh than a rant....

Seems Starhub refuse to do more than one thing at once.

Have changed over fom EP to PR last Jan and managed to finally need to tell Starhub, due to picking up the Hubstation.

Couldn't do it when I picked up the Hubstation, had to go to another Starhub shop to do it, but the queue was too long.

So sent them an email and they accepted scanned copies of the front and back of IC.

A few weeks later I needed to question my Digital Voice bill. Since this is a different account, I have to go down to the Starhub shop again to show them my IC.

Eventually just forwarded the same mail onto them, but really, the Digital Voice is linked in with the Maxonline, so WTF is going on?!?!

Useless bastards!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Re: Starhub inefficiency!

Post by Pinklepurr » 21st Aug, '08, 21:40

Actually I had really good service from the guy at Starhub the other day, we changed over to a Hubstation and he did everything possible to make sure that I got the cheapest way to buy it, also he changed around my programming/channel choices so that we now get more and pay less than we did before they reorganised and brought in that upsize rubbish. He very patiently went through it all with me, answered all my questions and was very helpful indeed and didn't try to get me to do anything more than I wanted. He also arranged for me to get single billing for all three services which I never even realised you could do. All in one phone call.

Bet he doesn't last long there. ;)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 21st Aug, '08, 21:41

I have always been happy with Starhubs service.

UOB however... [smilie=23_3.gif]
Life's too short...

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 22nd Aug, '08, 00:23

Pinkie, the guy that did the Hubstation swap was great. Aside from saying "can not update your IC here-lah". He did the rest just right (hey, they are Singaporean, they always try to sell you the best deal) but it was slightly outside the norm...."can not do here lah, take it elsewhere, and here's your Hubstation have a nice day".

Shouldn't have updated it online and then just cancelled it all when I wanted to. The bulls holders ID is EPxxxxxxx not ICyyyyyyyy afterall! :D
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 22nd Aug, '08, 00:44

:mrgreen: Best deal for sure, but I was amazed that they did this, no one else has ever mentioned changing stuff around. Not once since I have been here has anyone from Starhub contacted me at all about my contract running out or my plans and how they work etc. Can't help but compare it with HK where the mobile network and the cable guys came back and told me I was on the wrong plan and that I could do it better and cheaper etc etc etc...so this was a first for me here in Sing.

Have to admit that after dealing with the cable guys back home these guys are a breeze.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Snaffled
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Hooray

Post by Snaffled » 22nd Aug, '08, 08:49

For my residential stuff in Singapore, Starhub were ok. Not great, but not terrible. For business services however, they were shocking. Really awful.
If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking?