Unsubscribing from Mailing Lists

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Unsubscribing from Mailing Lists

Post by Kooky » 21st Oct, '08, 14:39

Why is it so hard?

I've been attempting to unsubscribe from Singapore-centric mailing lists as and when I get an email. I've just asked NTUC Income to take me off their database, explaining that I'm no longer in Singapore. I wrote from the email address they have on file, and they're only trying to sell me their Home Services.

So why the hell did they reply saying they need my:

1. Name
2. NRIC no.
2. DOB
3. Current address

:?:

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Re: Unsubscribing from Mailing Lists

Post by Jedi » 21st Oct, '08, 14:42

One of the reasons blacklists were invented.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 21st Oct, '08, 14:44

I'm feeling wicked; she's going to get a snotagram.

edit: and while I'm off on one :D I got a letter from the Medisave people telling me that, as a self-employed person, I needed to pay Medisave. I emailed them saying I've left the country, let the business registration lapse, but don't want to be blacklisted so please, how do I go about finding out if and what I owe. I got back a standard email containing a URL for information for self-employed people. :roll:
Last edited by Kooky on 21st Oct, '08, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 21st Oct, '08, 14:47

'snotagram' [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

I like it!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 21st Oct, '08, 20:48

Heheheh! I've still got a credit card from ABNAMRO. I got it a few years ago, but cancelled it after bleeding them of all their free gifts and points etc.

However, I had failed to pay off a couple of things and therefore paid some interest (before cancelling). They eventually sent me a demand for 4c, for interest on interest. So I sent them a cheque for 5c. They didn't add on any extra cents to the bill, so I was in credit by 1c.

They eventually tracked me down (I cancelled last dec, they've just contacted me now) and asked me what I wanted to do with the 1c. Could they absorb it? Well, I actually had said they could do that in Dec, but now, since they've phoned me 4 times, I'm going to make sure they send me it. So what did I get the other day? I got a letter confirming I've updated my address sucessfully. Hmmmmm......
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 22nd Oct, '08, 04:14

Dear Customer Service Rep, this is a box; please think outside it. :roll:

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 22nd Oct, '08, 04:45

lol
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 22nd Oct, '08, 05:21

Fat Bob wrote:Heheheh! I've still got a credit card from ABNAMRO. I got it a few years ago, but cancelled it after bleeding them of all their free gifts and points etc.

However, I had failed to pay off a couple of things and therefore paid some interest (before cancelling). They eventually sent me a demand for 4c, for interest on interest. So I sent them a cheque for 5c. They didn't add on any extra cents to the bill, so I was in credit by 1c.

They eventually tracked me down (I cancelled last dec, they've just contacted me now) and asked me what I wanted to do with the 1c. Could they absorb it? Well, I actually had said they could do that in Dec, but now, since they've phoned me 4 times, I'm going to make sure they send me it. So what did I get the other day? I got a letter confirming I've updated my address sucessfully. Hmmmmm......
They are useless.

It took me months to get them to cancel my card and 2 years after leaving Singapore I'm still owed $35 by them. Just can't be bothered any more.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.