Unprofessional w%$#@%rs

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Unprofessional w%$#@%rs

Post by JJ » 17th Feb, '09, 06:48

I am just so sick of having to follow people up CONSTANTLY to the extent that I feel like a stalker. Why cant people respond to emails, or phone calls or even just a quick sms within a reasonable length of time. Its not that fecking difficult people.... [smilie=rollingpin.gif] [smilie=rollingpin.gif] [smilie=rollingpin.gif]

Especially pissed orf with a client who has not responded to an email (and several phone calls in between which go unanswered) that was sent TWO weeks ago and which has several key approvals and action points outstanding... compounded by the fact that they work in ... TELECOMMUNICATIONS.

Who hires these jokers, and why are they still in their jobs... [smilie=23_3.gif]

*deep breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Re: Unprofessional w%$#@%rs

Post by Burbage » 17th Feb, '09, 07:11

Has it occured to you that they don't want to talk to you?

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 17th Feb, '09, 07:23

"want" doesnt come into it. Unfortunately for both sides :D

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 17th Feb, '09, 07:41

umm do they owe you money?

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 17th Feb, '09, 07:52

How's this then? I am having to chase the company that made ME redundant to cancel my EP! Unprofessional w%$#@%rs
We are the TPF

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 17th Feb, '09, 07:59

Owe me money - no, thankfully. Unlike most people these days it would seem, i labour under the (clearly misguided) belief that if I or my company is paid for a service then we ought to deliver. That if a project has deadlines, then it is encumbent on the project leaders to make every effort to ensure that said deadlines are met. That if a key part of the project moving forward is client approval at every stage before progressing, then said client should comply accordingly, esp. when said client specifically requested approval rights.

Oh well... must be seriously behind the times here. They've paid. If they dont keep their end of the deal, who am I indeed to complain or get stressed. Anyone would think that businesses these days have money to burn ....

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 17th Feb, '09, 08:01

BoD wrote:How's this then? I am having to chase the company that made ME redundant to cancel my EP! Unprofessional w%$#@%rs
No worries about having to get off the island then, huh?! ;)

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 17th Feb, '09, 08:24

test: wankers

edit: yes, it works... never mind me, just curious about the sudden appearance of symbols in words... [smilie=tease.gif]
Last edited by Morrolan on 17th Feb, '09, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 17th Feb, '09, 20:08

BoD wrote:How's this then? I am having to chase the company that made ME redundant to cancel my EP! Unprofessional w%$#@%rs

Snap! Same deal here. Thanks for the info about the PEP too BoD, which is why we are chasing our EP cancellation as well. Fun eh? NOT. I hope they come through for you soon.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 17th Feb, '09, 20:55

My PEP approval has come through. To collect it though I need a letter from my employer saying they will cancel my EP. I wonder though if I can stay on a social visit pass for a month before I collect the PEP. That way I delay starting the 6 mth period that I am allowed not to work
We are the TPF

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 17th Feb, '09, 21:07

How long can you delay the letter from the employer, i.e. cancelling your EP?

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 17th Feb, '09, 21:12

7 days. But the PEP approval is valid for 6 months
We are the TPF