DBS and the Art of Being a Responsive Bank

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

DBS and the Art of Being a Responsive Bank

Post by Aliya » 2nd Feb, '10, 10:02

We opened up the business account with DBS because we thought it was the best bank to do so as we had a branch next door in Keypoint. However we are finding it impossible to bank with DBS and I have got to the point that I could pop.

Since this post was posted::::::

WOW result, thank you DBS for being so very quickly responsive and coming to see us today. They've sorted out all our issues and we even can bank 3 times a week in a very speedy priority way!

We have been really impressed by the way the senior (I mean Senior with a capaital S) management immediately responded to our SBS via one of our Board members, can I mention you?

Thank you thank you DBS, we are impressed and much happier bankers.

Just to get the business expansion loan through now!!!
Last edited by Aliya on 22nd Feb, '10, 19:36, edited 3 times in total.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: DBS and the Art of Not Being Able to Bank

Post by baloo » 2nd Feb, '10, 10:12

I use UOB for my business banking. Admittedly I only really use Internet Banking so I wouldn't know what the branch level facilities are like.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 2nd Feb, '10, 10:17

I have come to the conclusion that DBS sucks. For the service I wanted, what took them 2 weeks to setup took OCBC 1.5 hours!! It's mind boggeling that there can be such disparity between competitors. Have you tried OCBC? So far I have been really impressed with the OCBC experience.
Last edited by Jedi on 2nd Feb, '10, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 2nd Feb, '10, 10:22

There is one just up the road from us, MrA was talking about that as well and this morning that was pretty much the conclusion we came to. He is off to test their queues today but it looks like we will swap banks to OCBC :). Sadly OCBS doesnt have a $2 counter either... It is a pity we are looking at swapping because I have always been loyal to DBS but this banking issue is literally driving us up the wall. MrA was so pissed off after waiting in the queue for 1 hour this morning he had to go and walk off his frustration, he was so angry he literally couldnt go back to the shop until he had calmed down. He is not an angry person but the day to day hassles of banking with DBS are causing this.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 2nd Feb, '10, 10:36

we use ocbc bank. no issues. like baloo.. do things over the internet, so no experience at branch level.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 2nd Feb, '10, 11:08

I only used OCBC for personal banking, but I thought it was pretty good every time I went into a branch - I recall any item was dealt with really quickly in the branch, and lines always moved well and office staff pretty good. this is going back years and years so no idea of them now. I liked them better than the other bank moved to for next job, it was like going back 10yrs in time - cant remember which one it was...
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

azzam
Mood: musn't grumble

Post by azzam » 2nd Feb, '10, 12:20

Yep, OCBC here too. Their internet business banking is a bit of a pain, you need two to authorise and in my case the second one is me again. But other than that, they are always efficient. Prob'ly because Daff sorted them out.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 2nd Feb, '10, 12:24

I use OCBC business entrepreneur account

The reason for double authorization does make sense although not in a one person business. In a large company the accountant can set up the payments and the CEO can log on and approve. Thus providing (as Scummy Mummy will tell you) segregation of duties and enhanced internal control.

The OCBC online banking is not very intuitive but ok once you get used to it.
Last edited by expat yorkshire on 2nd Feb, '10, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Thinner!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » 2nd Feb, '10, 12:40

OCBC, DBS and all other local banks are not a good time/place to be queuing in at the moment. All of them have locals queuing up getting new currency for CNY (Both personal & business account holders). The fact that they (OCBC - for instance) will only give out $2000 in new currency at a go, means businessmen (like my boss - taking my Acct Exec with him) has been going to various branches for the past 3 days several times a day trying to accumulate 80K worth of new bills for Bonus Payouts to Chinese Staff. (Culture - must be new bills). So maybe complaints during this period are slightly skewed due to the impending CNY holiday.

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 2nd Feb, '10, 13:05

that's interesting to know. guess it'll be same in China, will ask the folk there if same.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 2nd Feb, '10, 14:27

Thanks SMS but this has been going on since October! OCBC is looking good.

sundaymorningstaple
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Thinner!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » 2nd Feb, '10, 14:59

We use OCBC for all our corporate accounts. Their Velocity online system isn't all that bad once you get a handle on it.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 3rd Feb, '10, 08:18

DBS is the pits, really...

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 4th Feb, '10, 10:07

I'm stunned.. my DBS visa currently has a credit balance but when i checked with DBS, they told me if I transfer money to my savings account, they would still hit me with a cash advance fee. The reason given was their system wasn't able to detect a credit balance. She then said that she would have to do the transfer for me (over the phone) to avoid the charge.

Is that normal?

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 4th Feb, '10, 17:52

OMG we talked to DBS last week to start the loan application process so to make some changes to the shop, they went through the loan terms last week with us, we told them everything and they told us we met the criteria completely and would get the loan, so we call them today to make appointment to apply formally then they tell us that we needed to be going for 2 years. We ask them why didnt they say that this week. Lots of giggles, sorries, blah useless blah.

So last week we made lots of plans and decisions based on their totally inaccurate information. GRRRRRRRR.

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 4th Feb, '10, 18:08

Would you like me to send your complaint to a senior executive at DBS with whom I have a personal connection? I won't identify you, I'll just send the text of your post. Often the top tier of a company are disconnected from the real world at the customer interface and I think your post would be really valuable, detailed feedback for the Board.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 5th Feb, '10, 07:12

Aliya wrote: Lots of giggles, sorries, blah useless blah.
This has to be one of the strangest phenomenons (is that a word?? :o ) I've run across living here -- someone completely screws up and over something more than trivial and they giggle about it to your face - wtf?

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 5th Feb, '10, 07:13

Phenomena

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 5th Feb, '10, 07:14

Thank you, Burb, knew I could count on you [smilie=bowdown.gif] ;)

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 5th Feb, '10, 07:49

Burbage wrote:Phenomena
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 5th Feb, '10, 07:50

Barsteward!
We are the TPF

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 5th Feb, '10, 07:54

With Swedish subtitles!

Wonder what the Swedish subtitles look like when the Swedish chef is on.

Zephyr
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: fed up

Post by Zephyr » 5th Feb, '10, 10:38

Burbage wrote:Phenomena
A relative of Philomena? :D
Life is comprised of infinite possibilities; some known, others a mystery and destined to remain so. And what of the vast unknown, the realms beyond which knowledge has no established boundaries or parameters? Who is to say what exists or what is possible?
~jhclues~

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 5th Feb, '10, 11:51

arrhhhhh, i couldn't even look at that screen shot, without even listening, I've got the ear worm, you utter utter ...

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 20th Feb, '10, 14:29

Spike wrote:Would you like me to send your complaint to a senior executive at DBS with whom I have a personal connection? I won't identify you, I'll just send the text of your post. Often the top tier of a company are disconnected from the real world at the customer interface and I think your post would be really valuable, detailed feedback for the Board.
Aliya, please check your PM.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.