Can this day get any crappier?

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Can this day get any crappier?

Post by slinky » 22nd Apr, '10, 20:25

Well, you try to be nice.......lesson learned. Deal with the insurance companies only. Unfortunately, this guy seems to have conveniently forgotten that he damaged our property and that's inconvenient for us and, really, it's not about him and what he wants :roll:

I'm going back to IDAC tomorrow morning to start the process of getting the car fixed via a 3rd party insurance claim. I think he's going to call the lady who is working with me & if he can get her to let him pay for the cost out of pocket rather than let his insurance pay it, that's his business. I'm getting the car fixed.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 27th Apr, '10, 14:58

Car is back and looking just as it did before it was smashed [smilie=mango.gif]

I can highly recommend IDAC if you are unfortunate enough to need their services. They took care of everything & even delivered the car back to me afterward (and much quicker than I expected - it's Tuesday now, so not even a full week yet since the incident). I'm told once the case is fully settled I'll be notified, so I suppose there is still room for issues - but, fingers crossed we don't have to get into any of that.

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 27th Apr, '10, 18:51

Glad to hear that it's been straightforward Slinks - so far, at least.

As for me, I'm still waiting for the speeding notice to appear in the post. Often takes a couple of months, so every day I approach the mailbox with a little knot of dread. First I have to confirm the identity, and only then will they tell me what I've got coming. It's a long and beaurocratic process (welcome to Germany!).

Still, serves me right. You'd be amazed just how focused on speed limits I've become in the last three weeks or so!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 1st May, '10, 07:41

In the UK, I know the police had to send the notice to the registered address of the vehicle within 1 month (or probably 28 days) of the offence. I was told by a lawyer that this was quite important. Might want to see if it's important in Germany. Motoring groups like the AA sometimes have access to legal advice.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 1st May, '10, 21:05

They seem to be pretty efficient at getting those notices out from Germany, our old next door neighbour got caught speeding whilst back in Germany on holiday (he was German) and the notice came through to his Singapore address (must have been a rental car I am imagining) within the month. Wow, and are their photos clear, there is no way he was getting out of that one, they had two shots of the car, one of the whole car and the other a cropped version with a close up of the driver, just in case you were in any doubt.

Sorry Croma, I know I am not helping with this...
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous