And today's annoyance is......

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

And today's annoyance is......

Post by slinky » 18th Jun, '10, 10:09

The missing Master's Pura milk on this island!! [smilie=rollingpin.gif] Not only has there been no Master's Pura for at least a week now, today I couldn't find skim milk of any kind at Jelita [smilie=23_3.gif] An entire wall of milk and not one carton of skim in the whole bunch. They're killing me here [smilie=sigh.gif]

BoD
Part of the furniture

Re: And today's annoyance is......

Post by BoD » 18th Jun, '10, 10:14

It never ceases to amaze me how Cold Storage (etc) can run out of products for extended periods of time. This week Master's milk. last week Tonic Water (Aliya was having kittens), certain brands of yoghurt come and go randomly, and orange juice droughts are common.
We are the TPF

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 18th Jun, '10, 10:23

What is up with Cheerios on this Godforsaken rock?
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 18th Jun, '10, 10:25

3 words: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT

Seriously, there has to be a fortune waiting to be made here for someone who can keep products consistently in stock in the grocery stores here. Honestly, this is the thing that gets my goat more than anything else - I really don't think I'm wrong to assume I should be able to buy all the grocery items I need in ONE STORE on any given day. Now I'm going to have to stop at a different store later and see if they have any skim milk (I know it won't be Master's as the guy at Jelita says no one in Singapore will have any Master's for another week and a half - why? I don't know and I don't think he does either :roll: )

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 18th Jun, '10, 10:26

Have the Cheerios gone missing again too??

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 18th Jun, '10, 10:38

I don't know about this very moment, but every time I try to buy them they're out.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 18th Jun, '10, 10:45

CS Holland Village, which has all the same problems as all the other Cold Storage outlets and maybe more, does (as of last night) have Greenfields skim milk, which is fine.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 18th Jun, '10, 10:51

Yes, Greenfields is my back-up to Master's. I actually bought 2 liters of it in CS Holland Village yesterday -- turns out I should have bought 4 liters :lol:

Dinosaur
Going Postal
Mood: blank

Post by Dinosaur » 18th Jun, '10, 11:03

We have this in Phuket too. Western produce quite often goes "missing" for weeks sometimes months. When marmite went missing, it was really serious :D Used to be threads on one of the Thai forums with people asking if they'd spotted a jar ANYWHERE.

Now we've had tinned beetroot gone missing for about 2 months now. It doesn't bother me but Mr D has a penchant for beetroot. Can only get those French tins of cubed beetroot which are a bit strange (maybe not if you're French).

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 18th Jun, '10, 20:56

Yeah it used to happen in HK as well. Same complaints, same thing as Singapore. Hmmm, same company really as well....
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous