Expensive Time Waster Twitttttts

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Possum
Going Postal

Expensive Time Waster Twitttttts

Post by Possum » 4th Aug, '10, 09:36

Reward points, draws, stickers etc etc I’m sure its costs a heap to market, organize and run and as the consumer it just complicates life and takes time to understand or benefit from.
As for services, everything is wrapped up in this package or that package!!
Cut all the rot and sell me the goods/services at a lower (as you won’t have all the costs associated with creating and managing your “deals”) price.
Win Win!
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Expensive Time Waster Twitttttts

Post by slinky » 4th Aug, '10, 10:19

Yes, what is this 'passion card' they keep asking me about at Cold Storage anyway?? Every time I buy groceries I'm asked: "Are you a passion card member?" Uh, no, what the hell is it and why do I need it? I think I'm resisting the whole thing because being constantly asked bugs me and because it will be something I'll have to remember to have with me when I shop :lol:

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 4th Aug, '10, 10:43

The PAssion Card (PA stands for People's Association) is simply a rewards card that enables you to collect 'link points' - ie. rebate points when you purchase at selected retailers. You can then exchange these points for vouchers, discounts, rebates etc. (I didn't know the PAssion Card could be used in Cold Storage - I always thought it was an NTUC-linked deal...)

Yeah, in some ways these promotions can be bloody annoying. But for many lower-income families those rebates come in very handy at the end of the year or at festive occasions. I used to make fun of all those coupons that you have to carefully clip out of NTUC Fairprice ads - until a couple of my local female colleagues put me in my place: as working mums (who are not earning a whole lot), those troublesome coupons can mean quite big savings when you've got a family of 4 or more to feed.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 4th Aug, '10, 10:59

Yea but if the business took away the cost of implementing and managing the system and put that cost saving into the pricing of goods I’m sure your colleagues would benefit by even lower prices in the first place. Add to that the hours they would gain in leisure time by not cutting, pasting, filling out forms or claiming etc not to mention the hassle of over stuffed wallets!
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 4th Aug, '10, 11:05

Dunno, I like the airmiles I get from using certain credit cards
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 4th Aug, '10, 11:46

Airmiles from credit cards, 2% rebate at Cold Storage with Citibank CCs, 5% rebate on petrol on top of station discounts with HSBC/Caltex and Citibank/Esso. All of it adds up (especially now the new car takes twice as bigger drink than the old car!)
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 4th Aug, '10, 13:58

any excuse to collect more cards...

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 4th Aug, '10, 14:32

All from one CC for me. Citibank are doing something right-ish!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 4th Aug, '10, 14:37

The Standard Chartered card is pretty sexy too.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 4th Aug, '10, 19:09

We are Passion card holders...still
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

tigerbalm
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: ok

Post by tigerbalm » 8th Aug, '10, 23:57

Me too - but then again I got the passion card to save on a Community Centre course (yes, I am cheap, errm frugal).
Now, I am giving the card to the cashiers at Giant and Cold Storage to scan, but honestly have no idea how the pints or whatever it collects work...

tigerbalm
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: ok

Post by tigerbalm » 8th Aug, '10, 23:58

pOints!!! That would be a card I would sighn up for that would let one reimburse points in pints...

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 9th Aug, '10, 11:40

Still wondering what fecking good our DBS Visa cards are for except charging. Sounds like we should get Citi.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 9th Aug, '10, 21:37

tigerbalm wrote:pOints!!! That would be a card I would sighn up for that would let one reimburse points in pints...

Best idea I've heard yet! [smilie=w00t.gif]
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 10th Aug, '10, 03:16

tigerbalm wrote:pOints!!! That would be a card I would sighn up for that would let one reimburse points in pints...
By Joe I think he's got it.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.