dickhead of the year...

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

dickhead of the year...

Post by Morrolan » 28th Apr, '11, 11:37

Donald Trump.

for reinvigorating the birthers and being a major ass in general.
Last edited by Morrolan on 28th Apr, '11, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

T2K
Going Postal

Re: dickhead of the year...

Post by T2K » 28th Apr, '11, 11:50

To be fair, I think he got asked about it a lot and then latched on to it like a politician. He didn't invent it. Also, most interestingly, Hawaii did actually release the real birth certificate yesterday so hopefully this should put the whole thing to rest so we can focus on real problems.

Trump cannot be the US president. Anyone that is currently hosting a stupid "reality" show CANNOT be the US president. Since there are only two choices, and we know who the D one is, I am really curious to see who the R one will be.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 28th Apr, '11, 11:54

T2K wrote:Hawaii did actually release the real birth certificate yesterday so hopefully this should put the whole thing to rest so we can focus on real problems.
i'm afraid you are too optimistic.

birthers reinvigorated

shoot me now...

[smilie=23_3.gif] [smilie=23_3.gif] [smilie=23_3.gif]

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 28th Apr, '11, 11:59

Wow. But, as the article mentions, once people have decided they believe something, anything really, then convincing them otherwise is nearly impossible. The document is fake or the witness lied or whatever.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 28th Apr, '11, 12:08

Not going to waste time reading about scary people, saw enough in a briefer article about Trump. But it is a bit of an embarassing point to get stuck on. America, like Australia, is a country built on immigrants, and political forefathers for a number decades were not natural born to the land. On multiple levels I understand why it is important, or seen to be important, but really now, is this the number one opposition to the guy? More respect for arguments about policy, capability and transparency and fairness around funding government programmes and ooohhh about a squillion other more important issues...
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 28th Apr, '11, 12:11

At this point, it's not possible to tell who Obama's opponent will be. The Republican Party nomination process will go through many more twists and turns. And, of course, the best candidates probably won't even be associated with the Republican party and therefore cannot win.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 28th Apr, '11, 12:19

America please, whatever you do, on behalf of the rest of the world, just please don't subject us to Palin ever again. PLEASE, we beg. Anyone, just please no more.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 28th Apr, '11, 12:24

I can't possibly imagine her becoming any sort of serious candidate for President. Then again, I said that we would never invade Iraq either!
USA - full of surprises!

But, she will remain in the news because she'll say stupid stuff. Can't save you from that.
-Theodore Roosevelt

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 28th Apr, '11, 12:59

Morrolan wrote:Donald Trump.

...and being a major ass in general.
[smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Not really much more to say, is there? :lol:

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 28th Apr, '11, 16:23

A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 28th Apr, '11, 17:23

You know Ron Paul just announced he is planning to run.
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/04/26/hello-world/
Has to be a front runner but won't get much MSM support.

There is talk that Donald Trump will be the republican ross perot candidate. (run as an Independent to split a (tea party infested) Republican vote so Obama wins) and you can bet if Paul gets the republican nomination then the MSM will make it look like a Trump/Obama race.

...and Diebold will guarantee the result.
Last edited by Mr Oz on 28th Apr, '11, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 28th Apr, '11, 18:59

Do men who don't even sign up with valid email addresses mean to sign their posts?

FurBaby
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: bedoggled

Post by FurBaby » 28th Apr, '11, 20:43

Lili - that's a coffee-spitting page :D

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 28th Apr, '11, 21:22

Kooky wrote:Do men who don't even sign up with valid email addresses mean to sign their posts?
Damn it my alias is blown! .... :oops:

Back to the topic. Christ the alternet is gone crazy with this Birth Certificate that has magically appeared. It seems there are a couple of errors on it. First the fathers country of birth (Kenya) did not exist till 2 years after the birth. The hospital name of the birth was not known by that name until 1978. F*ck you Trump you tool now the conspiracy nutters have gone crazy! WHO CARES!
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 29th Apr, '11, 08:37

Mr Oz wrote:
Kooky wrote:Do men who don't even sign up with valid email addresses mean to sign their posts?
Damn it my alias is blown! .... :oops:

Back to the topic. Christ the alternet is gone crazy with this Birth Certificate that has magically appeared. It seems there are a couple of errors on it. First the fathers country of birth (Kenya) did not exist till 2 years after the birth. The hospital name of the birth was not known by that name until 1978. F*ck you Trump you tool now the conspiracy nutters have gone crazy! WHO CARES!
of course they won't believe it; Obama's still not a white man, so the racists will continue to flog this dead equine. Kenya was known as Kenya or Kenia already in the 19th century.
(it's so handy to have a Kenian colleague)
Last edited by Morrolan on 29th Apr, '11, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

skank-la
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 30th Apr, '11, 04:59

Fcuking idiot speaks

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

sluggo
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 1st May, '11, 04:24

He is so embarrassing. What a tool.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 1st May, '11, 12:10

T2K wrote:Wow. But, as the article mentions, once people have decided they believe something, anything really, then convincing them otherwise is nearly impossible. The document is fake or the witness lied or whatever.
Isn't that the case with all religion? It doesn't matter how flawed the sources are, how corrupt the preachers are you must have faith and that faith must be respected.

As for Trump - what an asshole of a human being, and the populist crap he utters is consistent with a far right nationalist message - bomb countries, steal oil, tax china - so no wonder he is currently leading the republican field... [smilie=23_3.gif]
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."